Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worth going along with a window cleaner to learn?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I live in Bournemouth and am not sure if anyone would take me along for a day and show me the wfp ladders etc . Is it better to ask someone from Slough who I met at a window cleaning festival? He lives in Slough and I would be no competition for him as I live too far. Just want to go through stuff like my squeegeeing technique using ladders and the wfp.
Should I say- Is it possible to come a long for a day to get an idea of the wfp system etc? What do u say to window cleaners to persuade them?

Why not, just keep in mind - If he doesn’t know what he is doing wrong, how does he know what he is doing right?

Even a novice could notice some improvements when being taught something, might be better to keep quite and be grateful of the experience.

Richard

you wont gain any confidence by tagging along with another cleaner, in fact itll demoralize you cos u will see how slow you are . better to just hit the streets and learn by your mistakes- this will give you the backbone necessary to ride over the winter

+ understand rejection [if you are ****] and weve all been **** in the early days . get back into it and the sooner you start the better,dont delay or doubts creep in

I dont think it will lower my confidence. Surely they will just give me tips? Planning to give two a call tomorrow, what should I say? One guy is local, one is near Slough, but I dont mind going up there. What should I say on the phone? To persuade them to take me? I am off my main job all next week!

Hi cheapancheerful

Tell me to mind my own business but I noticed you mentioned about an equity release next year

8 years ago my mum and dad who were then in there early 60s released £50,000 my dad has since passed away and my mum had a statement of the account and the amount now owing is £102,000. It's cost £52,000 in 8years at the time of arrangement the solicitor advised them against it as they are very expensive but just to pass on my family's experience hope you don't mind

Regards

Tony

thanks i am all ears./emoticons/biggrin.png..not got a clue about them as of yet and too scared to ring anyone in case i get the fast sell....i probably will continue to balance transfer as i keep getting offers..i have three at the mo..but keeping track of them all is hard...so work harder ....and slowly climb out...

i am lucky in some respect as i have a mortgage cheque book which keeps filling up....well okay....it does up the mortgage somewhat..looking forward to interest rate increases:eek:

and now the daughter wants spends ...bless her ..for her up and coming holiday....i want some equipment...but suppose the wait makes its arrival all the more exciting...family first...

i have had a long spell of messing about ...should have been five years but turned to ten and i am just getting my act together now...i will just have to get smurfin those prices....i do keep sneaking them up...

i was just stating this as to why people hesitate to buy new safe kit...every penny counts..cant grumble at my mono laser printer for £16.77 though delivered this morning.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back