Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning in 35 degrees, how did you do?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

Was 35 degrees plus today on the north norfolk coast.

I started at 8am

Job 1 in & out 2 bed bungalow £25

Job 2 out 3 bed with conny £25

Job 3 out 4 bungalow with 4x velux £40

Job 4 in & out 2 bed bungalow £20

Job 5 out 1 bed bungalow + conny £15

Job 6 out 2 storeys of 4bed town house £20

Job 7 out 2 bed mid terrace £15

Job 7 next door £15

Job 9 out 1 bed bungalow £8

Job 10 out 2bed mid terrace £15

Home at 3.30pm

Felt like hardest money ive ever earned being a ginger in this heat, currently filling up on pain killers and iced water.

I dont need to tell you guys but, keep hydrated and keep taking breaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

I started at 8am

Job 7 next door £15

Home at 3.30pm

Felt like hardest money ive ever earned being a ginger in this heat, currently filling up on pain killers and iced water.

All that and you didn't do £200, and you went home early ? No sympathy from me ?

14 properties today, one a large first clean the new customer brought me a huge wedge of chilled Vitoria sponge and refilled my drinking bottle with ice cold water so if did an extra good job! Hot in Wales but more like 25-28c

Nope, not been out in the heat. I'm already going thin on top, i sweat like a pig and my arms keep feeling like they're starting to burn in the heat.  I've deliberately put off as much as possible - especially canvassing. On cooler days I'll spend hours out but not in this heat, it's ridiculous. The car hasn't been well since Sunday too so had to fix that today..

Got some tomorrow though.. and the day after.. can't really put them off but i'm dreading the idea of it being as hot as today..

Not quite that hot in Scotland today, was still enough to get me sweating, horrible being stuck to your t-shirt, it's enough to make you look forward to winter ?

I started at 8am

Job 7 next door £15

Home at 3.30pm

Very well done!  You're fairly new to this aren't you? If you're taking nearly £200 in a day already you're doing something right!  Keep it up!  Norfolk - what a lovely county to work in - slight jealous ?  It was so humid here in the midlands yesterday, almost unbearable.  

Cheers @Bart90 there was a massive gap in the market here as the only oyher local trad cleaner will only do bungalows and shop fronts as he cant do ladder work,and i gotta be honest i got in at the right time hes passed me a shed load of big gaffs, i genuinely am getting walk ups and new customers daily, alot of new houses going up and ALOT of 2nd home owners and holiday let work.

Im upto roughly 180 customers mainly on 6wkly but about 12 on 4wkly and 30ish on 8wkly.

I tend to go out at 8ish and home by 2.30 most days.

Beats being a baker ?

Cheers @Bart90 there was a massive gap in the market here as the only oyher local trad cleaner will only do bungalows and shop fronts as he cant do ladder work,and i gotta be honest i got in at the right time hes passed me a shed load of big gaffs, i genuinely am getting walk ups and new customers daily, alot of new houses going up and ALOT of 2nd home owners and holiday let work.

Im upto roughly 180 customers mainly on 6wkly but about 12 on 4wkly and 30ish on 8wkly.

Beats being a baker ?
Did my city and guilds in bakery at the London south bank polytechnic. Loved the actual work, but hated the unsociable hours.

When I retire, I intend taking baking back up. I’ll be the ginger Paul Hollywood ?

Beats being a baker ?
I've probably seen him; I was in Holt (I've got that right?) heading from the petrol station toward 'The owl tearooms' and a guy was doing a shop front trad.  If I see you though I'll come and say Hello ?  

One thing I would say to bear in mind for the future when you're maxed out tradding:-  I was fully trad and had loads of customers who 'didn't like wfp etc', but I successfully switched them over to tops wfp & trad bottoms and made lots more room to accommodate new work.  I feared there would be a mass exodus but there wasn't.  People buy into you.  I successfully converted many 'phobes'.  Worth keeping in mind.   Best of luck, if I can ever be of any help feel free to pm me ? 

Did my city and guilds in bakery at the London south bank polytechnic. Loved the actual work, but hated the unsociable hours.

When I retire, I intend taking baking back up. I’ll be the ginger Paul Hollywood ?
We'll all keep our eyes peeled for the ginger window cleaner who appears on the the Great British bake off......... ? 

you cant beat proper bakery bread. most of the supermarket stuff is only suitable for toast. hmm. bit peckish now.

Back