Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water production drop after fitting solenoid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

As it states water production has dropped after fitting an electric 1/2 inch solenoid Valve, are they known to bottleneck the flow or is it unconstricted, thanks

Yes. It is in the nature of how they work. Water travels through a small opening. They reduce flow but shouldn't affect pressure that much.

I just looked into motorized ball valves which might be an option? Never tried them myself.

Yes. It is in the nature of how they work. Water travels through a small opening. They reduce flow but shouldn't affect pressure that much.

I just looked into motorized ball valves which might be an option? Never tried them myself.
I thought it might cause a bottle neck, might try a 3/4 inch one with a few couplers, by rights the size of hole should be bigger on a bigger valve ?

I thought it might cause a bottle neck, might try a 3/4 inch one with a few couplers, by rights the size of hole should be bigger on a bigger valve ?
Well, no. Not if the solenoid itself is the same size I believe the thread size doesn't matter. But don't quote me on that.

Maybe you can hook up two in parallel? That should double the potential flow.

Well, no. Not if the solenoid itself is the same size I believe the thread size doesn't matter. But don't quote me on that.

Maybe you can hook up two in parallel? That should double the potential flow.
Might do a flow calculation and see If its losing much and do a comparison with a 3/4 inch one, if I can find a 12v ball valve I might give that a bash

Back