Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Distance to travel for work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pressurewasher

How far do you guys travel for work? Do you charge per mile there and back to make it worth while?

just been offered a fsg job 35 miles away. So going there to price up isnt an option as it would mean doing the 70 mile journey twice. 

My furthest custy is 9mile away but i have 9 ppl in that village, the further you go the better you need to plan.

35m, go quote it, stick extra £20 on job and do it on a free or 1/2 day.

@Tuffers does a fair distance each day too.

I think it depends where you are starting from. If we assume @Pressurewasher is just starting out then IMO you should go where the work is. Price it all accordingly but if you end up with a days work you need to travel 20 mins to is that the end of the world. Just a side point, if you're one of the chaps who are focussed on selling pressure washing then be prepared to travel some serious distance, work the day and be paid accordingly.

Commercial work we travel over 250 miles from home , domestic furthest is 12 miles but that’s for big Manor House type of properties , normal 3 bed semis furthest travel is  2 miles and then there would have to be several or I wouldn’t bother . For one off jobs like plastic cleans , solar panels, softwashing , etc I just add a figure  onto the price , we don’t travel long distances to quote work I get the customer to txt or email photos saves wasting time and money on stuff you might not get , if it’s a complex job u will tell them prices start from ££££ for that type of work would you like me to come and have a look , if they say yes then you know they are serious , if they start making ex they cannot afford it then that’s ok to as it’s cost me nothing . 

How far do you guys travel for work? Do you charge per mile there and back to make it worth while?

just been offered a fsg job 35 miles away. So going there to price up isnt an option as it would mean doing the 70 mile journey twice. 
Depends on price/time the job will achieve. If it is a good payer then yes...if it amounts to what you get local to you then no.

Back