Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can I get a quick release connection for this cheap pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

purpleroad

Have put my £80 shurflo pump into the garage and wrapped him up warm for winter.  Dont want frost breaking it.  So want to put this cheap one in its place over winter. £15.  How can I get quick release on the input and output so each easy to take on and off. 

Also, What quick release electric connectors people use too?  The ones I use are a bit tight and whole thing pulls out sometimes

20191119_083531.jpg

20191019_120519.jpg

Hose clamps would be the cheapest non permanent installation. If you want to disconnect it every night you could use two pairs of ez snap, like the one on your pole. If you use garden hose just use gardena couplers.

For quick conncting wires without having to solder anything I can recommend the lever type from wago. Be sure to get the genuine wago though, as some copies I got off eBay don't hold stranded wire at all. They cost maybe £1 a piece, and you get them from your local electric supplier.

If you want a more permanent electrical quick connect solution, look at the xt60 or deans plugs used for RC batteries. They are robust but needs proper soldering.

Hose clamps would be the cheapest non permanent installation. If you want to disconnect it every night you could use two pairs of ez snap, like the one on your pole. If you use garden hose just use gardena couplers.

For quick conncting wires without having to solder anything I can recommend the lever type from wago. Be sure to get the genuine wago though, as some copies I got off eBay don't hold stranded wire at all. They cost maybe £1 a piece, and you get them from your local electric supplier.

If you want a more permanent electrical quick connect solution, look at the xt60 or deans plugs used for RC batteries. They are robust but needs proper soldering.
Dont need to disconnect every night.  But from time to time and when I've got a tight fix on  cheap pumps it's a real pain to cut them off or mess around

Speaking from my experience with these pumps I wouldn't use a hose with an ID larger than an 8mm.

Claber do an 8mm to standard Hozelock adapter that works well. I use small jubilee clamps to connect my hose to the pump.

I actually quite like these little pumps as long as you have one capable of sufficient flow and pressure. For a van I would opt for one with flow rate not less than 5 lpm and 100 psi. For a trolley you don't need as much pressure as more often than not you will be using a shorter hose. I run a 60-70psi 5lpm one on my trolley and have done for a 3-4 years. Much less weight than the big Sureflo and requires a smaller battery. Again, less weight. Always a bonus with a trolley! 

I know you are using a pump box so I don't know how useful these pictures might be but here they are anyway. My Pure freedom trolley with one of these pumps fitted,

conversion_03.jpg

conversion_04.jpg

Back