Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's On this Week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

I start a big Softwash job on a mansion tomorrow and I have also to powerwash the front of their sandstone building. They also want the drive done and the patio area and maybe the front sandstone wall. I have pencilled in the whole week because once we start powerwashing they seem to find other things to do.

Well this is my first week back since Christmas ? so just my usual round. Was meant to start back last week but a chest infection said otherwise ?

Unfortunately I’m spending the week in the pool at Centre Parcs. Means I won’t be able to clean any windows and, since I’m getting a lift there and won’t have my car, I have the burden of a driving free week which will undoubtedly mean I will be offered drinks of all sorts at all hours. It’s a hard life but I suppose I can slog it through. Back to normal next Monday, thank goodness! ?

I bought a new tool a few months ago and used it for 5 minutes and it broke. I took it back and they sent it away to get fixed. Used it the second time today and its broke again. I only found out that if you buy something new and it breaks within 30 days then you can demand your money back or a replacement from the retailer. So i will be back to the retailer tomorrow afternoon.

Is that the Royal we, or just wee laddie ?

Aye, once you start power washing the customer usually says, give that wall a wee clean and those stone ornaments and the garage door, what about the window sills and how would the fence come up. That's only the front driveway you are getting paid for, that's why its better cleaning when they are at work. ?

Meant to service a round of 9 customers tomorrow... Had 1 Move to 12 weekly, 4 skips and 1 cancellation!! Varied from house sales, to maternity and penny pinching and one just skip with no reason! I understand that this month is hard for a lot of people as most people haven't been paid since before Christmas but have informed them all that future skips will incur a surcharge and the one that moved to 12 weekly due to maternity has had her price adjusted accordingly...

Anyway this left me with a really quiet Monday so chucked an ad on one of my old faithful facebook groups and picked up a one off gutter clear and window clean that means i actually end up doubling what I was going to make! 

Hopefully normal service will resume on my next round and no more cancellations!!! 

Today I had my heart on using my wfp and the backpack to Softwash a house. The moment I removed the pole I knew I would have problems. I recently went hoseless meaning I would need a hose extension to run inside the pole. Ended up spraying the whole building and using the brush to tidy up any bits I missed. ?

What's on this week?

£1500 of windows and £600 pressure washing and my guy who helps me is sick.

Looks like a busy week for me.

Only.half way through the windows and pressure washing not started yet.

Employment isn't easy sometimes and looks like I'm working the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's on this week?

£1500 of windows and £600 pressure washing and my guy who helps me is sick.

Looks like a busy week for me.

Only.half way through the windows and pressure washing not started yet.

Employment isn't easy sometimes and looks like I'm working the weekend.

Just finished 2 days of pressure washing and I miss it not being permanently in my van. Now need to wheel it up the ramps and then out again when i'm finished. Definitely looking for a 5.5 ton van so I can carry everything.

Just finished 2 days of pressure washing and I miss it not being permanently in my van. Now need to wheel it up the ramps and then out again when i'm finished. Definitely looking for a 5.5 ton van so I can carry everything.
I fit mine permanently in my Peugeot bipper with a 200l upright buffer tank which is always left empty.

Got a 300l ish tank also that is full of pure that I fill my backpack from although will soon have a reel mounted on top for a van mount.

Got all the other bits I need waiting to fit it.

Surprising what you can fit in a small van.

The buffer tank has a garden hose reel and a pressure washing reel mounted on top already.

Only just enough room to stick my trad bucket and the odd bag of sand left in there though.

A lot easier having stuff permanently in the van with deadlocks and tool insurance. Anyhow, did a Softwash job Monday and today I was pressure washing the patio. Got some dirt on the white walls that I had Softwashed so I decided to rinse them down. Wow, what a difference the rinse made on the walls, they came up like new. So anytime you Softwash then make sure you rinse it down to get the full effect of cleaning. I usually just let the Softwash dry out and walk away but not anymore. ?

A lot easier having stuff permanently in the van with deadlocks and tool insurance. Anyhow, did a Softwash job Monday and today I was pressure washing the patio. Got some dirt on the white walls that I had Softwashed so I decided to rinse them down. Wow, what a difference the rinse made on the walls, they came up like new. So anytime you Softwash then make sure you rinse it down to get the full effect of cleaning. I usually just let the Softwash dry out and walk away but not anymore. ?

I thought rinsing was a big part of soft washing?! Did you really used to just leave it?! ?‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

You should always rinse down after hypo softwash as the hypo turns to salt you dont want that left on the building or walls path  etc as it will leave white salt trails ,it’s also good practise and I have found it comes up much better to give it a light rub with wfp as well that’s how we did this job 

EDCF3058-CED1-4C73-8C0A-79E3C6664141.jpeg

02079691-3C9E-460F-80E6-38A6497EB5F3.jpeg

Back