Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashed a small roof this morning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Customer has just got their big extension finished and it was delayed a bit. I did the builders clean yesterday and they want the moss removed as quick as possible from the low front roof. Started at 10am and I was lucky it was south facing so no frost on it. Wasn't sure how it would have turned out but to my surprise worked like it usually did. Will go back in a week and brush off the moss. Looks like this Softwashing game could be all year round when I thought it would only be seasonal. ?

I've do soft wash a roof but it says on the algoclear pro that it shouldn't be used belew 8 degrees so I've not done it yet. Does it still work under 8 degrees ?

I've do soft wash a roof but it says on the algoclear pro that it shouldn't be used belew 8 degrees so I've not done it yet. Does it still work under 8 degrees ?
I used hypo and it was around 4 degrees. I didn't know what result I would achieve. In the end there didn't seem to be any difference, the moss quickly lost its green colour. Will take a few photos when I go back and brush the moss off next week.

Customer has just got their big extension finished and it was delayed a bit. I did the builders clean yesterday and they want the moss removed as quick as possible from the low front roof. Started at 10am and I was lucky it was south facing so no frost on it. Wasn't sure how it would have turned out but to my surprise worked like it usually did. Will go back in a week and brush off the moss. Looks like this Softwashing game could be all year round when I thought it would only be seasonal. ?
Bizarrely I get more roof enquiries during the winter than any other time of year and have recently done 1 aand got another booked in next week.
And I find soft washing / exterior building cleans come in all year round - spring/ summer more so but consistently throughout the year.
Hypo doesn't seem too affected by weather and I think it's more the actual biocides that are affected by the cold and slower to work. It's something the manufacturers always specifically refer to so is obviously an issue.
But the same applies to sealants, paint etc and many outdoor chemical products.

Bizarrely I get more roof enquiries during the winter than any other time of year and have recently done 1 aand got another booked in next week.
And I find soft washing / exterior building cleans come in all year round - spring/ summer more so but consistently throughout the year.
Hypo doesn't seem too affected by weather and I think it's more the actual biocides that are affected by the cold and slower to work. It's something the manufacturers always specifically refer to so is obviously an issue.
But the same applies to sealants, paint etc and many outdoor chemical products.
I have found hypo in cold conditions down to -2 does still work but it takes longer dwell times I generally use a slightly stronger mix as well . We are getting enquiries all year round for softwashing buildings as well it used to be march through September .

Further to my previous post I've received my search console report today for November from Google. My 2 top pages were Roof Cleaning and Exterior Building Cleaning / Soft Washing.
The top 3 search queries also all related to roof cleaning and roof jet washing (which I don't actually offer but do refer to it).

So there's clearly demand still even in winter according to Google themselves - if anyone's interested?!

Further to my previous post I've received my search console report today for November from Google. My 2 top pages were Roof Cleaning and Exterior Building Cleaning / Soft Washing.
The top 3 search queries also all related to roof cleaning and roof jet washing (which I don't actually offer but do refer to it).

So there's clearly demand still even in winter according to Google themselves - if anyone's interested?!
I think roof cleaning is really starting to take off in this county and one’s doing it now will have a bright busy future

It seems a bit bizarre that residents should be interested in roof cleaning in winter but I'm getting same enquires.

I think roof cleaning is really starting to take off in this county and one’s doing it now will have a bright busy future
Definitely. It's something I still look at as being a bit of a luxury service but it is something there is an increasing demand for.
In my experience customers tend to be people with a fair amount of disposable income and the majority of houses I do are 3/4 bed detached and upwards. It's also something people are willing to pay for, and are not expecting it to be cheap.....of course there are always some wanting something for nothing but there's plenty of others for whom a grand and more is not a big deal. Well, maybe it is but it's also comfortably affordable.

Soft washing itself however is still something most people have never heard of but once explained to them they like the idea of it, i.e. safe, effective low pressure cleaning etc

I softwash my roof every year now and the clean my solar panels. People are beginning to notice that my roof always looks new and are naturally intrigued by it. Next year I will be softwashing my pvc at the same time and that's when it really stands out and will get enquiries.

Probably getting popular as its a lot cheaper than replacing a roof with prices like they are...
Folk on gold Gov pensions and state pensions will have received 10.1% and 8.5% rise on April next year. You either go on holiday or spend the money on your house. In the last 6 months, two of my customers have added extensions because it doesn't effect the council tax. Funny enough they two also want their roof cleaned. Talking to a retired Fireman and he has installed an outside portacabin office. He was telling me he is putting his money into his home and garden. Maybe folk don't trust these investment funds at least one can see where the money has gone ever other day. When I received my lump sum then I did the same and put new roof on, roughcast, new windows and FSG which will last until I sell the place.

Folk on gold Gov pensions and state pensions will have received 10.1% and 8.5% rise on April next year. You either go on holiday or spend the money on your house. In the last 6 months, two of my customers have added extensions because it doesn't effect the council tax. Funny enough they two also want their roof cleaned. Talking to a retired Fireman and he has installed an outside portacabin office. He was telling me he is putting his money into his home and garden. Maybe folk don't trust these investment funds at least one can see where the money has gone ever other day. When I received my lump sum then I did the same and put new roof on, roughcast, new windows and FSG which will last until I sell the place.
What has that got to do with anything?

Latest Posts

Back