Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My experience with pure freedom

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I agree. Very balanced comment. 

Getting back to the reel job, I didn’t realise you had upgraded, so are you finding it ok? I have a diy electric reel, I find it ok, just sometimes the magnet bit plays up. So thought about upgrading but with all the hassle think my £50 Jobby is all ok
They're spot on mate. The first one had an issue, the disc on the right was rubbing against the motor. They had a replacement sent out as quick as you like and thats been spot on. Mine cost me £400 ish after the 10% off. My manual Proloc cost me £200 ish so when you balance it out thats £200 for the motor and wiring. Seemed more logical than attempting to make my own. The only benefit to the DIY route would have been knowing how to fix it if it goes wrong of course.

Well it’s fitted as of this morning , Monday will be the test to see how it performs , I like certain features of it like the fact that the hose where it goes into the centre spindle is held in place by a hose clamp that doesn’t crush the hose and takes the weight off the fitting not seen this on any other reel , I did check the wiring on the boxes as some said they had had problems with loose connections all was fine and everything works well at home . I will have to sort out the wiring properly later as it’s to short to reach the battery’s routing it in a neat fashion , I will let you all know how we get on after using it all day , if it’s good I will be ordering another one ASAP ??? hears hoping .

45A5B230-1206-4F16-B597-D50717392EA7.jpeg

96DD85D1-C17D-4AB2-B479-B52742CAFDA7.jpeg

Jehovah's witnesses don't believe in blood transfusions nor do they give blood that's how brain washed they are. I cleaned my church's windows and didn't think much of it a few years ago. Only now i realise the significance of doing such a thing, I now clean many parisioners windows each month and do odd jobs for them. They are mostly old and retired and not short of a bob or two. Best thing i have done for gaining work and it never cost me a penny. The priest said it was divine intervention and there I thought, I was a miracle worker. ? 

Well it’s fitted as of this morning , Monday will be the test to see how it performs , I like certain features of it like the fact that the hose where it goes into the centre spindle is held in place by a hose clamp that doesn’t crush the hose and takes the weight off the fitting not seen this on any other reel , I did check the wiring on the boxes as some said they had had problems with loose connections all was fine and everything works well at home . I will have to sort out the wiring properly later as it’s to short to reach the battery’s routing it in a neat fashion , I will let you all know how we get on after using it all day , if it’s good I will be ordering another one ASAP ??? hears hoping .

View attachment 18099

View attachment 18100
looks good, and a lot more compact!!

i can’t wait for my astra to snuff it and have an excuse to get a van with a decent system. Feel like it will speed the day up exponentially having everything where I want it!

If that's 6m hose then there's no room left so would 100m of 8mm fit on? No hose guide either so hose jumping off would be a major worry. 

No hose guide is an issue on these reels.

I'm trying to come up with ideas to construct one as there doesn’t seem anything for sale that is adequate.

Anyone got some suggestions?

I've never had an issue with hose coming over the sides when reeling in, I followed @Den advice which is to hold the hose with a cloth reasonably firm with your hand on the floor as mine comes through rollers in the floor and it will all go on the reel as it should and it does, once a month maybe it snags behind the metal shaped plate at the front when pulling hose out but that's it 

I'm trying to come up with ideas to construct one as there doesn’t seem anything for sale that is adequate.

I’ve just bought a 17000lb winch roller. I’m just gonna fit that to the floor. £25 on ebay

I've never had an issue with hose coming over the sides when reeling in, I followed @Den advice which is to hold the hose with a cloth reasonably firm with your hand on the floor as mine comes through rollers in the floor and it will all go on the reel as it should and it does, once a month maybe it snags behind the metal shaped plate at the front when pulling hose out but that's it 
A couple of times I’ve been rushing and not paying attention. If you’re not careful it skips over the right hand side and jams in the chain. It’s then a 5 minute job to unstick. You shouldn’t have that sorry thought with your hose guide

I’ve just bought a 17000lb winch roller. I’m just gonna fit that to the floor. £25 on ebay

A couple of times I’ve been rushing and not paying attention. If you’re not careful it skips over the right hand side and jams in the chain. It’s then a 5 minute job to unstick. You shouldn’t have that sorry thought with your hose guide
Moral of the story don't rush and pick your nose at the same time as reeling in ?

Check out this old thread there is a couple of idea,

The photos I posted works great for me My rollers were modified by cutting the bottom roller off as it wasn’t needed and could cause overspin the way it’s positioned be removing the bottom roller it eliminates the overspin and now reels in great every time by being tubless and using rag it stop picking up dirt and grit which prolongs the life of your pole. 

Check out this old thread there is a couple of idea,

The photos I posted works great for me My rollers were modified by cutting the bottom roller off as it wasn’t needed and could cause overspin the way it’s positioned be removing the bottom roller it eliminates the overspin and now reels in great every time by being tubless and using rag it stop picking up dirt and grit which prolongs the life of your pole. 
Looks like the hose guide I bought originally. Wont work for me as I use the green PU hose and its connected with rectus 21 fittings that don't quite go through the guide. Thats how I ended up with a 17000LB version. Its about 45cm wide.

Looks like the hose guide I bought originally. Wont work for me as I use the green PU hose and its connected with rectus 21 fittings that don't quite go through the guide. Thats how I ended up with a 17000LB version. Its about 45cm wide.
Have you a photo and link for the roller you purchased mate.

Have you a photo and link for the roller you purchased mate.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-4-Way-Roller-Fairlead-Hawse-Cable-Winch-Off-Road-4x4-ATV-Recovery/202630079104?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=502707611114&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

May have over estimated the size of it, thats my 45cm flocked in front of it for reference. Still huge though.

Roller.png

If you need two all you would need is a small metal spacer in between and mount them on top of each other. That was my plan, I imagine using one roller for 2 hoses could be a recipe for disaster.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks great but only 20mm between rollers I might buy this for my second HD reel but I would remove the lower roller as not required when mounted on the face of the reels. 

How are you going to mount yours? 

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
They're spot on mate. The first one had an issue, the disc on the right was rubbing against the motor. They had a replacement sent out as quick as you like and thats been spot on. Mine cost me £400 ish after the 10% off. My manual Proloc cost me £200 ish so when you balance it out thats £200 for the motor and wiring. Seemed more logical than attempting to make my own. The only benefit to the DIY route would have been knowing how to fix it if it goes wrong of course.
They sound good. Will keep my eye on here see how Pjj gives his update. 

If that's 6m hose then there's no room left so would 100m of 8mm fit on? No hose guide either so hose jumping off would be a major worry. 

Yes its 6mm microbore with 25 meters of pole hose on it as well , tomorrow will tell but I dont think  there should be a problem  without a hose guide as the hose will be quite supple due to using hot water  , and we hold it as we reel in , but as I say tomorrow will be the test , wish me luck ???

20mm seems pretty good to me? I see what you mean about the bottom roller though.
How you going to mount your as I think on that large roller the mounting holes are wider than the faceplate on the HD reel. 

Latest Posts

Back