Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My experience with pure freedom

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I bought a 1000 lt stainless steel frame and he did say because of the grade of the stainless steel it would be better in the grey finnish so went with that.  Dealt with purefreedom for 9 years and they are generally good but the communications skills could do with improving.  Would not be happy with the bad experience you have had with them. I find Window Cleaning Warehouse to be terrible with customer services. Products faulty and they wont exchange it. I couldn't believe his attitude. 
I agree with you about wcw, I have had many problems with them, their equipment seems basic and shoddy, and their customer service is appalling, they will never accept fault, it’s always your fault. (Several window cleaners around here are of the same opinion). I only use them because they are only 2 miles away from me and are ideal if I need something pretty quick. 

i had lost a lot of customers when I first started up because of their incompetence and bad advice, all they do is just shrug their shoulders in the shop

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that , I ordered one from waterworks and it arrived today , guess what Ime doing over the weekend ????
One bit of advice, as you look at the reel the motor is on the front right. The reel has 4 pre drilled holes to bolt it down but it's very fiddly to get to the front right. If possible you want to bolt that one up through the floor to that one instead of down. Also, the cable it tells you to get is like rocking horse ? (2.5mm 2 core flex) but just use 3 core flex and don't use the earth wire. Apologies if you already knew the above

One bit of advice, as you look at the reel the motor is on the front right. The reel has 4 pre drilled holes to bolt it down but it's very fiddly to get to the front right. If possible you want to bolt that one up through the floor to that one instead of down. Also, the cable it tells you to get is like rocking horse ? (2.5mm 2 core flex) but just use 3 core flex and don't use the earth wire. Apologies if you already knew the above
It's fine if you get some feet made for it ?, but see it as almost impossible to get that bolt in near the motor otherwise 

20190815_171649.jpg

It's fine if you get some feet made for it ?, but see it as almost impossible to get that bolt in near the motor otherwise 
Currently I have 2 pieces of wood fixed to the floor, covered in protecthkote. The reel is just screwed into those. It's not ideal as there are only 3 screws but its not gone anywhere. I plan to redo this as I've got a nice new hose guide that needs to be fitted so I'm going to move the reel further in. I'm gonna do the same again with the wood but this time send some bolts up through the wood with a countersink drill bit.

Currently I have 2 pieces of wood fixed to the floor, covered in protecthkote. The reel is just screwed into those. It's not ideal as there are only 3 screws but its not gone anywhere. I plan to redo this as I've got a nice new hose guide that needs to be fitted so I'm going to move the reel further in. I'm gonna do the same again with the wood but this time send some bolts up through the wood with a countersink drill bit.
Good idea, I had removed mine around 5 weeks ago and protecakoted the board and also gave the floor a light coat as well, although I pulled muscle in my back lifting the reel back in the van, not been right since ?

I agree with you about wcw, I have had many problems with them, their equipment seems basic and shoddy, and their customer service is appalling, they will never accept fault, it’s always your fault. (Several window cleaners around here are of the same opinion). I only use them because they are only 2 miles away from me and are ideal if I need something pretty quick. 

I haven’t experienced it myself but according to others, wcw are all Jehovah's witnesses and will treat their own better than the rest of us.

i had lost a lot of customers when I first started up because of their incompetence and bad advice, all they do is just shrug their shoulders in the shop
If you have a problem with something it needs sorting. I have heard they are not good at customer service, so I’ve never used them. The part you have put about Jehovahs witnesses is a ridiculous statement to make. How would they know who was a witness???. You would have to be sure they are for a start that they are. 

I haven’t experienced it myself but according to others, wcw are all Jehovah's witnesses and will treat their own better than the rest of us.

Before I start.... I’m not a Jehovah’s Witness. Quite the opposite I fact, agnostic bordering atheist. I’m aware of one of the major suppliers who are owned by a Jehovah’s Witness and they have an impeccable reputation. I know a Jehovah’s Witness window cleaner, he’s a top bloke. While I don’t agree with their beliefs they certainly don’t fit the description you have there. Also, I believe you’ll find a massive proportion of them are window cleaners, probably on here helping people every day. I guess if you spend all day knocking doors and getting told to f**k off then canvassing must be a doddle.

With regards to WCW they do make a disproportionate amount of mistakes. I once ordered 20” filters only to be sent 10” filters... twice... then when the 20” ones arrived they were a cheap inferior brand. Although it was a real mess I cannot fault the service or speed of response at any point. As I mentioned above my reel was faulty. They had a replacement on the way as soon as I told them and trusted me to send pictures after they dispatched it.

I have also had several orders without a problem. If you order from Waterworks it will be dispatched by WCW anyway I think... or the other way round, I can’t remember. Either way it comes DHL which isn’t ideal, they are cr4p

Good idea, I had removed mine around 5 weeks ago and protecakoted the board and also gave the floor a light coat as well, although I pulled muscle in my back lifting the reel back in the van, not been right since ?
Not worth bothering with then man, leave it as is. Think I’m gonna do mine over Xmas break, I’m gonna install a fixed second real ready for big plans next year.

Before I took this on full time I had a young lad that did the work for me who was a Jehovah. Very pleasant young man and did the job properly. 

Best part was I asked him to keep the door knockers away from my house and for the 2 years he did the work never got one calling. 

Before I took this on full time I had a young lad that did the work for me who was a Jehovah. Very pleasant young man and did the job properly. 

Best part was I asked him to keep the door knockers away from my house and for the 2 years he did the work never got one calling. 
There are some other religions who clearly do “look after their own”... I’ve never found Jehovah’s witnesses or Mormons offensive, maybe annoying thought ???

If you have a problem with something it needs sorting. I have heard they are not good at customer service, so I’ve never used them. The part you have put about Jehovahs witnesses is a ridiculous statement to make. How would they know who was a witness???. You would have to be sure they are for a start that they are. 
It’s not a ridiculous statement, they are known for looking after their own, they obviously know who is a witness because they all attend the same hall. Where I live in Barry, the town is only about 3 miles wide in any direction, so everyone knows everyone else

It’s not a ridiculous statement, they are known for looking after their own, they obviously know who is a witness because they all attend the same hall. Where I live in Barry, the town is only about 3 miles wide in any direction, so everyone knows everyone else
i don’t agree that they look after there own. I am a Jehovah’s Witness, I have never been given preferential treatment by any of the main window cleaning suppliers that are run by Witnesses (there is at least 4) I use them NOT because they are witnesses but because they have the equipment I need and at sensible prices. 

They may well know the locals. That is no different to how the parishioners at my childhood church used my neighbours building firm. If I needed a roofer I would use someone from my former rugby team and expect he would look after me. Before I moved down south my mechanic was a guy I used to play rugby with. I don't think that example is specific to one group of people.

I actually asked him if he could get work from them. He said yes but they're not allowed to charge each other so that put a kibosh to that
So what you're saying is if I join I can order from WCW for free?!?!??

Been ordering from WCW for years and would recommend them, only ever had one minor issue with them and I reached them over facebook and sorted my issue after failed attempts elsewhere. I ordered compact system from them and electric reel was pre insalled so was relieved I didn't have to do the install.

They may well know the locals. That is no different to how the parishioners at my childhood church used my neighbours building firm. If I needed a roofer I would use someone from my former rugby team and expect he would look after me. Before I moved down south my mechanic was a guy I used to play rugby with. I don't think that example is specific to one group of people.

So what you're saying is if I join I can order from WCW for free?!?!??
I agree. Very balanced comment. 

Getting back to the reel job, I didn’t realise you had upgraded, so are you finding it ok? I have a diy electric reel, I find it ok, just sometimes the magnet bit plays up. So thought about upgrading but with all the hassle think my £50 Jobby is all ok

Latest Posts

Back