Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Guest sdrah

Pressure Washing A Conservatory With Pure Water ?

Guest sdrah

Hi - I was wondering if pressure washing a conservatory with pure water may help me to finish quicker and with better results??!

I haven't clean a lot of conservatories - but the one i've done , honestly not very impressed (luckily I got paid lol). After a good rinse I could see some kind of bits / debris/ small particles on the glass (it was a glass roof). I thought a pressure washer will blow all that more professionally in no time . Here is a 4m telescopic spray lance on ebay 290587008916

which might be useful to clean fascia too? just apply some g101 or anything else and jet wash it ?

David Taylor

Do not use a pressure washer on a conservatory roof!

if you are leaving small particles of dirt on glass using wfp, just use a large squeegee and leave the glass dry.

Smurf

The only time I use a pressure washer on conservatory roofs is to maybe clean filthy finials and crests quickly but after saying that I do know what I'm doing.

If you attempt to use a pressure washer on a conservatory roof then more chances than not it will leak and cause you a whole load of grief in doing so..

Sorry but only cowboy's would go about pressure washing a conservatory.

Guest OoO

Risk of cracking the glass or blowing seals out!!

Donny

Ive lost count of the amount off conservatories ive pressure washed,put some g101 on with chemical nozzle, use a(045) 25 degree nozzle, about a 1000psi , going through a boars hair brush and ive not had a single leak yet, honestly there is some nonsense talked about power washing, there is a science and some common sense involved, cowboys don't ken how to use em and give others that do a bad name, I wudnae bother using pure , until id finished with the pressure washer then a quick run over the glass with a wfp , job done happy leak free connie.

Smurf

So you are are cowboy too like me but at least we know what we are doing :Image13:

Ive lost count of the amount off conservatories ive pressure washed,put some g101 on with chemical nozzle, use a(045) 25 degree nozzle, about a 1000psi , going through a boars hair brush and ive not had a single leak yet, honestly there is some nonsense talked about power washing, there is a science and some common sense involved, cowboys don't ken how to use em and give others that do a bad name, I wudnae bother using pure , until id finished with the pressure washer then a quick run over the glass with a wfp , job done happy leak free connie.

Donny

Its similar too my lance that I use on connies and fascias and soffits and caravans, I just use the brush though, I also have the added advantage of hot water pressure washer though, couple of tips

1) don't use a lot of pressure, 1000psi is enough, if no gauge start at low revs and build up till your happy.

2) get a lance with a brush attachment like the above vid, they are readily available, or steal one from a carwash haha

3) check how well put together the connie is, get a garden hose on it first, if any water gets in forget pressure washer and use one of these car wash wfp brushes with a hozelock fitting and some g101 on the brush,