Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

aphill24

Hi All,
I've recently bought a pressure washer to supplement the gardening work I do as quite a few customers have patios/drives that need cleaning. I'm based near Bridgend S Wales.
I bought an evolution 2 with a FSC and very happy with the results it's given. I need to get a longer hose as the 10m it came with is not long enough. Looking to get a 20m so I can either use that or join it up with the 10m for the big gardens I visit. Any tips here? I also like the look of the jet to put down the hypo been using a watering can and brushing it in up to now.
One question I do want to ask is do you put the hypo down before pressure washing or after? I've spoken to a window cleaner and he blasts the worst away first then puts treatment down before hosing it away. Iv'e got my pa2/6 license so know how to treat chemicals with respect. Some customers with dogs I'm way of using hypo so bought some d green to use instead. Looking forward to reading the replies and going through the old posts I've had a quick look already.

Welcome.
I would have thought most pressure washer suppliers will stock 20m hose and couplers. Rutland pumps have a good reputation, they also sell X-Jets for hypo.
I don't do PW myself but from what I have read and seen hypo after PW as then the hypo is getting straight to the black spots etc without going through the dirt first. There are some who hypo first as then it takes less time as they don't need an additional rinse.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi All,
I've recently bought a pressure washer to supplement the gardening work I do as quite a few customers have patios/drives that need cleaning. I'm based near Bridgend S Wales.
I bought an evolution 2 with a FSC and very happy with the results it's given. I need to get a longer hose as the 10m it came with is not long enough. Looking to get a 20m so I can either use that or join it up with the 10m for the big gardens I visit. Any tips here? I also like the look of the jet to put down the hypo been using a watering can and brushing it in up to now.
One question I do want to ask is do you put the hypo down before pressure washing or after? I've spoken to a window cleaner and he blasts the worst away first then puts treatment down before hosing it away. Iv'e got my pa2/6 license so know how to treat chemicals with respect. Some customers with dogs I'm way of using hypo so bought some d green to use instead. Looking forward to reading the replies and going through the old posts I've had a quick look already.
I’ve watched quite a few YouTube clips on pressure washing as I want to get into myself and have also asked the the same question. Some guys seem to put it on prior and some after. I think it’s all to do with how bad it is, if it’s real bad they put it on first and they seem to put it on after if it hasn’t come up as good and stil has black spots and lichen.

Better of blasting off the top layer of dirt so you can reveal the black spots then put hypo on what won't come off with the pressure washer. Otherwise your applying your hypo to the top layer of dirt and wasting it as it absorbed into something that's gonna come off anyway and then you're having to applying hypo again.

I'd get a 30m hose if I was you. 20 and a 10.

Welcome, I bought a reel for my PW hose but it was £500. I bolted it onto my washer and think I have 40m of hose on it which seems to save me taking it out of the van. I get all my stuff from Rutland Pumps which has a great aftersales.

hi @aphill24 if you look at say, a patio or driveway the dirt will have layers or, skins like an onion you have to peel away layers of dirt and grease and oil before you even think of hypo, hypo will not dissolve dirt or grease, for want of a better word hypo makes a surface look brighter although using it first won't make much of a difference and is just a waste of time and in turn breathing that stuff in won't be good for your health.
try looking for a good caustic tfr that, after pre-wetting you can spray down onto the surface, the tfr will dissolve grease and oils and make the surface clean much easier for you,
after rinsing apply some hypo for the clean effect, i prefer benz products for this it gives a superior result although others may disagree its your choice really on that one,

If a paved area is really badly covered in fungus pre treatment of hypo will lift it you can then jet off and re apply if needed for the final flush a 6 to 1 is all that’s required for a pre treatment

I rinse down first if it’s really bad as I figure the hypo will just get wasted in the muck. Otherwise hypo first then FSC then stronger hypo on the stubborn bits then rinse.

We generally apply hypo first then pw , having tried it both ways I don't find much difference in the finished results but applying it first it makes the job quicker, don’t think there is a right or wrong way to be honest both ways work .
Six and half a dozen. What I do think makes a difference is pre-wetting the area and then applying softwash.

Latest Posts

Back