Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White residue on decking after wash any idea how to clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Paddyo1966

Have just cleaned a decking used hypo which I’ve done before. But on drying have been left with a white film on decking. Not sure if I put too much surfactant in the hypo. Any ideas on how to clean or just a wash down? First pic was how I Left it, don’t want to leave it like the second pic. All advice welcome

Attachments

• 18AB8483-6B30-42D1-ADCE-DD232DDE597B.jpeg
    18AB8483-6B30-42D1-ADCE-DD232DDE597B.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 37
  • 6C8E0B04-791D-4073-A7DA-16341BA74F9C.jpeg
    6C8E0B04-791D-4073-A7DA-16341BA74F9C.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 37
I think that’s damage to the wood surface from a pressure washer ?.. it looks like a woolly substance i think it’s the very fine fibres being damaged and separated from the main wood, try scrubbing with a stiff broom and re rinse .

I think that’s damage to the wood surface from a pressure washer ?.. it looks like a woolly substance i think it’s the very fine fibres being damaged and separated from the main wood, try scrubbing with a stiff broom and re rinse .
Thanks I’ll give it ago never had it thought it was soap. As customer gave it a rinse and said it was still a bit soapy coming up

Don't really need any surfactant on a level surface. It looks like a reaction. If the decking has been oiled or varnished then there would be a reaction. It reminds me of those imprinted driveways after it has been PW. fwiw

Latest Posts

Back