1 off cleans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ryan, Feb 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Anyone got any good ways to get these guys to sign up to monthly or 8 weekly ?

what i got in mind is once i'm done just say we offer a 8 weekly cycle as well if youd be interested

if thay say no thanks no harm done

sales patter

ryan

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

One off cleans are a sh*t deal all round for you Ryan, avoid them like the plague!. I used to do one off cleans when i 1st started, but not any more. If someone asks me for a quote, i ask them if it will be a regular thing, if they say no, just a one off, i say, sorry, but no thanks!.
    Up to you dude, it may be beneficial for experience in the short term, but it really isnt worth your while in the long run. It will take 2-3 times longer to do it, but you are very unlikely to find customers willing to pay 2-3 times more than your standard price!.

3. TJWindows

TJWindows Member

I avoid one off cleans, but also be aware of the new customers who blag you as wanting their windows cleaning regular only to cancel after the second or thirds clean. My advice is to never clean the frames fully on the first or second cleans, especially the top frames, unless you are 100% confident they are genuine good future customers. Your gut feeling , in most cases is usually correct. Anyway, if they cancel after the second or third clean, then say to them, ok I will just finish off the clean and then you clean the top frames with a quick spray leaving the dirt to run down the windows leaving them worse off than they were before. If they want to take the piss then bring it on, it may of cost us in time but the satisfaction is priceless. :)

4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ya know what your saying there mate

i will do them for now as u know i am just starting off

will charge 50-60% more to do them i'll try get them on a 8 weekly once iv done it for them.

5. Iain

Iain Guru

One off cleans may be a bad deal but they can be a great way of reaching out to new clients, getting your name out there and the possibility of getting referrals. As long as you do a good job, people will always come back for more

6. laddergarder

The problem is the more window cleaners offer one off cleans, then more you'll get customers just phoning up these individuals asking to get there windows done every couple of months. Ultimately, if you are to make any money cleaning windows, you really have to have a good client base of monthly cleans, if it wasn't for that client base you wouldn't be in business. So why encourage others to just get them done now and then. We just say we work on a monthly bases of you want them done, if someone asks us to do it as a on off, we just say sorry, we dont offer one off cleans.

7. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

ive had this done to me a couple of times thats why i wont clean frames until a couple of cleans i stay away from one off cleans now unless there connys or gutters

8. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Maybe you have had different experiences from me, gsf, but as far as im concerned, that just isnt the case, one off cleans will hardly ever become regular cleans. Like laddergarder says, if you start making a habit of doing one off cleans, more people will start asking you to do one off cleans, or maybe once every three to six months, either way, not good for a growing business. As i said earlier, for a windy starting up, to get experience, it might be worthwhile doing, but in the long term, it just isnt worth the time and hassle. The only potential plus point to doing one off cleans, is that, assuming the house is on a main road, the time your van is sitting there means more potential customers might see it and phone for a quote!. :)

9. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Im happy for one off cleans, i charge 2-3 times to make it worth it. Just explain they can have it done regular for say £5. Or one off for £15.
    Most time thatll say ok do them regular.
    If not then no harm done.

10. Iain

Iain Guru

What about the power of referrals though? It's not uncommon for window cleaners to clean for someone, either as just a one-off and then get referred to someone else for monthly work. Does anyone turn down one off jobs?

Advertisement