Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

11 months in, happy with how it's going

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ian Docksey

Hi all. Been checking in now n then. Been busy building my business.  11 months nearly now. So update on how I'm doing.

I have just over 100 regular 6 weekly customers.

Been doing a fair few GFS , gutter vac, conny roof cleans. 

I base my regular cleans Monday ,Tuesday ,Wednesday.  This leaves Thursday and Friday for GFS, GUTTER VAC, CONNY ROOF JOBS.

I have just picked up a local school on half term cleans.

So ,I am happy with how it's building, looking forward to year 2. 

Happy days, if I can get to this at 59 years old, you youngsters have a good chance of a great future. 

Cheers for everyone's help and advice in the beginning of my long road. 

Well done slow but shore is the best way to go , building good work and being selective will pay dividends long term rather that taking on every Tom **** and harry and building fast and loosing 50% , hope year two is just as good . ?

Sounds like you are doing great, well done. 

You are about 6 months ahead of me ? I've not progressed to gfs or conny roofs yet ? Gutters will have to wait till I have a van and gutter vac ? 

How are you finding the weather?

What do you think is your most useful bit of kit besides poles and brushes?

Do you have a worst purchase?

Wishing you a great 2022.

Sounds like you are doing great, well done. 

You are about 6 months ahead of me ? I've not progressed to gfs or conny roofs yet ? Gutters will have to wait till I have a van and gutter vac ? 

How are you finding the weather?

What do you think is your most useful bit of kit besides poles and brushes?

Do you have a worst purchase?

Wishing you a great 2022.
To be fair, I over bought at the start, so I had as much covered as I could.  Can't say I've had a worst purchase tbh. I invested after I started in the mighty atom gutter vac, and what a purchase that was. By the end of this year it would of payed for itself.  

The weather I'm fine with, started January 25th, so was cold back then. 

My work is based on working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday,  but as the weather today, washout, I still have 3 days to clear my jobs for this week.  I work in rain,but not how it was today, so I keep check on weather forecast and plan accordingly.  

Best bits of kit. 

Gutter vac

Hose reel to hook up to outside tap for gfs and conny roof cleans( can't beat a bit of mains pressure ,I've found )

And the best part of year 2 is you'll have me down 5 times instead of 3 ?
Yes mate, can't wait for April, a couple of beers, and an hour or so chatting while you work, learning as we chat. The bonus of you having work on my doorstep .

@Ian Docksey good to hear you're doing well and good to have you back interacting, I had been wondering how you were getting on, was it you that has the Ford truck if so did you get it sorted 

Latest Posts

Back