Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clearing gutters whilst roof cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luda

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. We have been steam cleaning roofs for a couple of years now and have been using the gutter vac to keep the gutters clear and stop the water overflowing whilst doing so.

We have however had nothing but bother with gutter vacs breaking and needing repaired/replaced. I am aware they are unlikely designed to be used for prolonged periods which may be leading to the constant breakdowns. We have been using a GVS Predator Vac.

Looking to see if there are any alternatives that can be used in place of constantly vacuuming the gutters?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

I have a 110 v, I was advised by @THL4KEL that the 110v would last longer than the 240v equivalent, Sky Industrial 85 that was used for many hours continuously and I only stopped using it as I have bought a Sky Vac Interceptor which hasn't flackered up to now. Both machines are expensive though so I suppose it depends on your budget.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been looking at getting the skyvac industrial 85 to replace the GVS Predator.

Had nothing but issues with the Predator, replaced motors several times and had to send it back to be repaired on a couple of occasions. When I ask GVS what is causing the issues the reply is always misuse, not using filters correctly etc. Machine is used as instructed and cleaned at the end of each day.

They are that bit cheaper than the Skyvac equipment but i guess you get what you pay for!

Why dont use just run the predator on two motors and remove the filter as your sucking water. Probably breaking as its on full power and like a lot of electrical appliances i.e electric pressure washers are not designed for continous use.

Back