12 inch applicator sleeve

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by fenderjaguar, Jul 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar Well-Known Member

I know none of the big companies make them, but there are cheap jack ones, since I used to have one.

Anyone know of any?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Just tell your mrs to get the sewing needle out and do her job.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. fenderjaguar

Well I don't have a mrs, but I'm pretty good with a needle and thread myself. I had thought of it, but I'm not sure I could get it just right, but it's a good idea thanks.

What I'm looking for here is actually a bit of a mod. I'm looking for a tight applictor, but a bit smaller than 15" that I usually use. I would use a 10" strip washer stretched over a 14" t bar, cut down. But I could only stretch these strip washers around an inch or so, and 11" applicator would be a bit too small. With a 12" strip washer, I could cut the t bar down from 14" to 13" and stretch the 12" strip washer over fine.

Daveyboy, you don't like the idea of a 12" applicator?

4. norm

norm Grand Master

porcupines are a loose fit applicator

5. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

You can reduce a 14 inch, and use nylon ties pulled really tight, so you don't have to sew it. if you burn a hole through the material with a hot wire, it will 'weld' the fabric so it will not run. No need to sew.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

Just take it in to your local clothing alteration outlet (hems, trousers etc.) usually charge peanuts and it's quick and painless...I've done it with Wag pads to get Velcro put on...

7. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Yes, I do that when I make my scrubbers, although I live in the sticks and we are not sophisticated enough to have 'clothing alterations', so I use a shoe repair shop that has an industrial sewing machine. Regarding nylon ties, I make my scrubbers from porcupine sleeves, and when cutting them down, end up with smaller pieces. So I sometimes have two or three pieces sewn onto the Velcro, but use ties to join them together on the pad itself. Nylon ties will not scratch the glass, very cost efficient.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. cheapncheerful

#8 cheapncheerful, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    yeh tolish tell the mrs to do her job....hmmm

I am still waiting for my pocket to be sewn must be six months yes I think I will probably end up doing it..:rofl:

well she has to keep the dog entertained:whistle:

good post fender I never knew they didnt sell them just assumed you could get any size....

sometimes you can have loads of windows just one size so just easy if your applicator fits nicely..

oh I just love it when my 18 inch nicely fits the window as often happens..straight pull down cant leave a mark....:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. fenderjaguar

#9 fenderjaguar, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Thanks guys. I can do the sewing myself. But I think you're talking about sewing behind the applicator where it fits on? Even though this will help a little, I've tried this before, and you still have a slack applicator, just one that doesn't feel like it's going to fall off when you shake it etc. I actualy do this anyway, even with my 14" lambswool stretched over 15" t-bar.

I think I may try hemming up at the end like this:

http://i.imgur.com/twClKvD.jpg

It will have to be done with a sewing machine

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty frustrating how they only make them 10, 14, 18 etc. Still don't fully understand what daveyboys problem with my post is. Never actually seen a 'disagree' handed out to anyone on the forum in all my time here...

10. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I don't understand why you need it so tight. One other thing I used to do with applicators, was undo the stitching on the back and sew it tight with fishing line.

• List
Advertisement