Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2018 Ford transit connect lwb

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What tank would be helpful.

Many years ago I fitted a 500 litre upright Wydale tank and frame to a 53 plate lwb Connect T220 that my son in law bought.

There is a section of the cargo bay floor that is a false floor. It's there to cover over the footwells in the people carrier. Space is rather limited and access can be gained though small access holes. Your spreader plates will probably have to be cut to suit.

The rear of the frame of this tank frame came out just in front of the rear axle and the floor underneath was easy to gain access to with spreader plates. But you always need to be very careful where you do drill holes as there is wiring, brake pipes and fuel pipes in that area you need to start away from.

When I removed the ply lining on the floor its easier to see where the bolt holes need to be drilled by transferring the shape of the ridges to the underneath section of the van.

If you look under the van you will see the fuel tank sits between the chassis where the passenger seat goes in the people carrier. So you need to clear that.

The side bolts were a bit more difficult. I welded outriggers onto the frame to extend out past the chassis rails to between the chassis and the cill on each side. This saved me dropping the fuel tank to get behind it.

On my son's current van I fibreglassed the floor and a little up the sides in the form of a tub. This included a piece of wood batten across the floor of the siding door side. This is to ensure that any spilt water doesn't find it's way into the cabin. Wet carpets never dry and stink. The only way for any major spill is out of the back doors.

All holes drilled were painted to prevent rust and high tensile bolts and nuts used. I can't remember if I used 8 or 10mm bolts.

I welded up a battery tray frame for his leisure battery and secured it to the floor just in front of the driver's side rear wheel arch. I used nutserts in the floor to secure that in place.

Last edited:
What tank would be helpful.

Many years ago I fitted a 500 litre upright Wydale tank and frame to a 53 plate lwb Connect T220 that my son in law bought.

There is a section of the cargo bay floor that is a false floor. It's there to cover over the footwells in the people carrier. Space is rather limited and access can be gained though small access holes. Your spreader plates will probably have to be cut to suit.

The rear of the frame of this tank frame came out just in front of the rear axle and the floor underneath was easy to gain access to with spreader plates. But you always need to be very careful where you do drill holes as there is wiring, brake pipes and fuel pipes in that area you need to start away from.

When I removed the ply lining on the floor its easier to see where the bolt holes need to be drilled by transferring the shape of the ridges to the underneath section of the van.

If you look under the van you will see the fuel tank sits between the chassis where the passenger seat goes in the people carrier. So you need to clear that.

The side bolts were a bit more difficult. I welded outriggers onto the frame to extend out past the chassis rails to between the chassis and the cill on each side. This saved me dropping the fuel tank to get behind it.

On my son's current van I fibreglassed the floor and a little up the sides in the form of a tub. This included a piece of wood batten across the floor of the siding door side. This is to ensure that any spilt water doesn't find it's way into the cabin. Wet carpets never dry and stink. The only way for any major spill is out of the back doors.

All holes drilled were painted to prevent rust and high tensile bolts and nuts used. I can't remember if I used 8 or 10mm bolts.

I welded up a battery tray frame for his leisure battery and secured it to the floor just in front of the driver's side rear wheel arch. I used nutserts in the floor to secure that in place.
That's a great reply.. Thankyou.
I think I will Drop the tank..

Latest Posts

Back