Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3 Storey Challenge

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Can happen to the best of us and happens more often than ppl think but sadly some are not so lucky

At least norm was lucky to survive to tell his story of what a plonker he was :Image3:
wat happend to norm smurf?

I dont see how you think you can clean gutters @ 7.5m with a 7.5m ladder which will be about 5.5m when set up ( unless its a jacobs ladder) or your'e 14 ft tall :Image4:

Hi Ivan, this is written as being informative and not a lecture. :Image3:

A 7.5m ladder set up at 4 in 1 (angle of 76 degrees) will give a height to top rung from ground of 7.277m when set up. (sine 76 degrees x 7.5m = 7.277m)

I am 1850mm tall (6ft 1) and will be stood 1250mm (5 rungs) or so down the ladder so my shoulder height will be at approx 7.50m level.

The lady in the picture is about 1.7m tall (5ft 7) and am guesstimating its about 4 x her height ie. say 7m to eaves level (which is slightly lower than 7.5m I previously said)

With the top rung set at approx. 6.90m (so that my 600mm deep ladder stay is below eaves level) my shoulders should be at 7.2m, therefore I think my ladder should do the job ok all things being considered. Thats the theory anyway.

Still makes it a tricky job though, whatever the height!

I dont see how you think you can clean gutters @ 7.5m with a 7.5m ladder which will be about 5.5m when set up ( unless its a jacobs ladder) or your'e 14 ft tall :Image4:

no worries maths is not my strong point :Image4: but I think your maths is out ,you will lose more than 223 mm my guess is about 1m for ladder and 1 m for your leggs thats why I said 5.5 I will get me tape out tomorrow ... :Image13: how ever you do it be safe

I have just under a 10m tripple ladder (12 rung per ladder section) which has a reach fully extended of 7.2m . The question is would I do that job by ladder the answer would be no as for one my ladder would be to short and for another would be way to risky to do.

I think have the same ladder as you Smurf, although I don't understand the 10m bit!

As the property is (only) 7m high it is sufficient to my requirements.

I am not doing the job until the 2nd week of December so I'll let you know how I get on.

I have just under a 10m tripple ladder (12 rung per ladder section) which has a reach fully extended of 7.2m . The question is would I do that job by ladder the answer would be no as for one my ladder would be to short and for another would be way to risky to do.

This might help?

each 12 rung section is 3.26 m x 3 = 9.78 m but when set to full working height is only 7.20 m

Combi_Ladder_Size_Chart.gif

That side of the building I would say the roofline height is at least 8 m so would need to use a 10m full working height ladder to be on the safe side. :Image13:

Latest Posts

Back