Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4040 ro help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So I've check our water pressure and it's just below 100psi, I've run the system without the filters in but the flow of the pure is still just trickling out. ?
Have contacted Baileys but no reply.
I think we may just have to get another system, has anyone got any suggestions on the best ro system? We use around 1000 litres a day.
I doubt there is anything wrong with the r/o system. It just sounds like you have an issue with that membrane. Speak to @doug atkinson

The older I get, the more cynical I get. I would be wondering if I did actually get the Spectrum membrane I ordered. No response from Bailey's doesn't sound encouraging either.

You do have a good flow of water to the r/o don't you? Pressure and flow are related but aren't the same thing.

Try ringing Bailey, I have never had a reply via email from them but they do seem to answer the phone during normal working hrs.

The system will be fine you might just need a new membrane from @doug atkinson as then you will get a good quality one.

So I've check our water pressure and it's just below 100psi, I've run the system without the filters in but the flow of the pure is still just trickling out. ?
Have contacted Baileys but no reply.
I think we may just have to get another system, has anyone got any suggestions on the best ro system? We use around 1000 litres a day.
Speak to @doug atkinson he knows what he’s talking about and will supply you the correct equipment, unlike some of the other big firms that haven’t got a clue what they are talking about

Have you installed the new membrane the correct way round taking note of the the rubber o ring end? Is the waste still flowing at roughly the same rate as before the membrane change?

Yep, the membrane is in the right way(Black o ring at bottom) ,have double checked that.
Waste water is running as it was before, its just the pure flow that we're having an issue with.

I have just thought of something. Old age ?. Those membranes so not have shafts on them. You get supplies with 2 stems which you insert into the membrane both sides. Did you insert the membrane without them as would explain your problem.

Do you mean the white bits that stick out either end? If so they are attached to both ends and we're the last time we brought the membrane too, have never had to insert them.

Yes. They are normally loose so may have changed. That throws that theory out.

Can you time your waste how long it takes to fill a litre jug and also pure.

That seems like you have too much waste to the pure. How are you restricting the waste output - gate valve, needle valve, gate valve with a hole in?
Sorry if you already answered this one.

Thanks. The waste flow I would have expected it to be faster at least 10 secs a litre so it points to a membrane not working properly. You need to discuss this with the supplier and they should resolve it for you.

So my best bet is to buy a new membrane and hope that fixes the problem then?!
I'd tell them you want a refund and buy a membrane from a reputable supplier, but of course, it depends if they have a policy in place and will only give a replacement.

So I'm going to try and get a refund from bailey's, but in the meantime need to get a new membrane ASAP as really need to start producing more pure.
Where is the best place to get one from and any suggestions on what one to get? Or should I stick with the spectrum??

Latest Posts

Back