Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4040 ro help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

helene84

We have a 4040 ro system which was working fine until we changed all the filters(carbon, sediment and 4040 membrane) and di resin, since then the flow of pure water being produced is literally a trickle and having left it on over night only filled around 500litres when previously would have filled the 1000 litre tank.

I have double check everything is connected correctly and have double checked that the filters and membrane are in right, water pressure hasn't changed and when a pump was connected it didn't make much difference to the pure flow rate.
Any ideas? Don't really want to have to buy a new system as this one is only around 3 and half years old.

This is the one we have

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220328-223253_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-223253_Samsung Internet.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220328-223242_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-223242_Samsung Internet.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 10
We've always used that membrane, it's the one that the system came with and when we last replaced it we used the same one and had no problems until now.
Could it be that the membrane is faulty?

That membrane is the cheaper one and only does 8350 litres a day rated at 150 PSI. It is no good for normal tap pressure and needs a booster pump that can do up to 150 PSI for optimum results. 347 litres at 150 PSI then you are looking at around 60/80 litres at 40 PSI tap pressure.

As you got the system from Baileys they should be able to sort the problem out for you.

But what doesn't make sense to me is that the ro system was working fine until we changed the membrane and it is the same as the one we had previously and never had a problem with or have had to use a booster pump.?
We have tried it with a pump bit makes no difference to the flow rate.

What is your pressure gauge reading. Take out your filters and run for 5 minutes and see if that improves, if it does then it’s the filters. If not you need to speak to Baileys they are the supplier.

That’s as much information I can give sorry as some suppliers take offence if I help and find the problem in their systems.

Have ordered a pressure gauge which should be here tomorrow so will check it when it arrives.
Thanks for you help, it's really appreciated ?

i tried to chat to them via there website never acknowledged at all i wanted some advice but never got back

daqua got back to my queeries straight away . Decent Chap with advice

So I've check our water pressure and it's just below 100psi, I've run the system without the filters in but the flow of the pure is still just trickling out. ?
Have contacted Baileys but no reply.
I think we may just have to get another system, has anyone got any suggestions on the best ro system? We use around 1000 litres a day.

Latest Posts

Back