Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4040 ro pure outlet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

with a 4040 with water pressure without booster of around 23/25psi and a TDS of 148ish what would i expect the pure to come out after adding a booster pump. what TDS could i expect without Resin

I have a 4040 (no idea what membrane, or how old it is, was in van when purchased) and tds of about 178 to 200. My water pressure is about 28-30psi and the pure trickles out and is about 12tds. Booster pump on and tds drops to about 5 and pressure is about 100psi, I think I get about 200lts pure an hour.
Be aware that you need decent flow to the pump, I just fitted a new outside tap as old one was just a self cutting one causing low flow! Used full bore shutoff and decent Pegler full bore tap and 15mm pipe. Vastly improved the supply to the pump but no change in pressure!!!

@johnny bravo . Get a water pressure gauge from Screwfix (if you haven't one) and ask the neighbours each side to do a water pressure test and flow rate test.

I changed resin yesterday. My HF5 membrane is 10 years old in 2 weeks. Water pressure this morning, 55psi. Tap water TDS 107ppm and pure from the membrane before DI vessel = 2ppm (98% efficient.) I have never run a booster pump. When I checked 10 years ago, our water pressure was 50psi and 13lpm from the back garden tap fully open.

You have a terrible pressure and flow rate for Teesside. My first port of call would be to involve the water board and to check that the outside stop tap in the street is fully open and not restricted for some reason.

Working with membrane efficiency, my gut would tell me you should achieve 3ppm with tap water of 150ppm. Even boosted with an HF4 membrane, I can't see much improvement on 3ppm. That's around 98% plus efficient.

Last edited:
i had the water board out a couple of years ago. they tested all taps and said all is as it should be. cant do any more than that. Spoke to another local windie he said his pressure around the same . he lives around 1/2 mile away. So low pressure also. Relies on his booster pump.
If 003 will be my reached TDS then that would be ok with a booster pump.
Been looking at Baileys mobile 4040 . Looks handy to wheel in and out of outhouse when in use. All fittings and tested .
I know you can get cheaper . its then getting right fittings etc

It all depends on the membrane you use. With a 80 psi / 100 psi membrane boosted you should get around 004 ppm. Without booster around 012 ppm.

With the cheep membranes at 150 PSI boosted at 100 psi around 007 ppm. Without booster around 020ppm.

Back