Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6 week frequency - number of cleans a year

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Could you share how you would quote for each frequency Mr Green on say a £10 house?
I mean once you have settled in your mind the job price, do you have a ratio to account for the extra dirt the longer the frequency?
i.e. standard, x1.5 or x2. thanks
Nope. I simply make it up as I feel. £10 becomes £14 becomes £30.
Just depends how I feel.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

paul alan said:
I'm just showing what can be done!

And yeah I suppose it did go on a bit but here isn't no need to attack to it, save your critic for people giving bad advice and being "negative" JAY.
Nothing wrong with having a dream and setting your mind to it and pulling out all the stops to achieve it and making it a reality!!!! Good luck Paul,, with allot of hard work and dedication anything is possible in this World we live in!!   :1f44d:

I'm Monthly but it's usually 5 weeks sometimes 6 and sometimes it's even monthly.

If I want a day or 2 days off I just take them and then carry on again, maybe start a little earlier than the normal 09.30 and work through till 04.30 with lunch on the hoof or maybe not.

The beauty of it is we can do what we want when we want...never had a customer complain that I'm late....I tell them when I take them on that there will be a period in the Summer months when I will be a little later than usual due to hols....and I may be a bit behind around Jan Feb time when we seem to get the worst weather.

But the major difference if you are calendar monthly and late is . That money is lost . You have told your custys 12 cleans a year you miss a month you lose . Every other frequency 4 , 6 or 8 weekly you can pull em forward and if late put em back in line . With no money lost . 

But the major difference if you are calendar monthly and late is . That money is lost . You have told your custys 12 cleans a year you miss a month you lose . Every other frequency 4 , 6 or 8 weekly you can pull em forward and if late put em back in line . With no money lost . 
Of course all of this only matters if you need / care about that weeks worth of work.
I have always been monthy. Had 2 weeks off last month to go on holiday and did I loose a second of sleep? Nope. If I only do 3 weeks a month i'm not bothered.
There is no 'correct' or 'only' way to run your round. That is personal choice.
I run mine how I like it and I won't presume to tell you what will work best for you. That's up to you.

Yeh totally agree . About everyone running there round the way that suits them . But at the end of the day it’s bad business to lose cleans = lose money . I had 2 weeks off in the middle of August . I started pulling the work forward in July . I was a week in front by the time I went away .by mid October I was back on track . In a couple of weeks time I will start it all again . Guaranteed I will have at least a week off at Christmas with all work due that week up o date . Result . =no money lost all work up to date . Starting on the front foot in the new year . 

Yeh totally agree . About everyone running there round the way that suits them . But at the end of the day it’s bad business to lose cleans = lose money . I had 2 weeks off in the middle of August . I started pulling the work forward in July . I was a week in front by the time I went away .by mid October I was back on track . In a couple of weeks time I will start it all again . Guaranteed I will have at least a week off at Christmas with all work due that week up o date . Result . =no money lost all work up to date . Starting on the front foot in the new year . 
Guess I'll just stick to running a bad business then.

I’m not trying to tell any one how to run there business . Or saying anyone is running there business bad . There’s probably plenty on here who run a bigger and better business than me . At the end of the day a lad asked s question and got a few opinions which is what the forum is about . I’m probably a bit ocd and greedy when it comes to keeping on top of my work . Back at it tomorrow. Looks s bit nippy first thing . So I got down to screwfix and got the lad some new gloves . Don’t want him crying cos it’s down to single figures .  :1f603:  now chill out and watch countryfiles weather for the week . 

I tell my customers monthly, 6 weekly, 2 monthly but by monthly i mean 28 days which is what i put in my spreadsheet

If i do a job at the beginning of the month and it then says due at end of the same month i will leave it a day or 2 to be at the start of the next month but if it's a 2 monthly (56 days) then i will just do it even if it was only done last month

Nobody has ever complained as they were originally told they will get a clean once a month but also nobody moans i am late as i have days/weeks to play with before i am considered late

I personally think anyone sticking to an exact schedule is making a rod for their own back.

I say to my customers ‘see you in  roughly six weeks’. That way if I fancy a day off, I will.

If I’m going on holiday it’s “I’ll be late around next time, going on holiday”

Never had a problem with this method in over 20 years ?

Flaming hell guys has this turned into the FB page! 

Just go to work earn good coin , sometimes little early sometimes little late customers never get to bothered as long as you competitive and do good job , and enjoy life ,I’m fairly happy on my own in van on just domestic ?

Ive showed your obsession paragraph to my partner..I thought I was mad.. thank god im mad but not alone yay. Cleaning windows is a great job. I don't do 500 a day far from it but chipping away keeping customers happy having loads of tea and cake and getting the job done. Does it for me Happy daz

Say £2000 round monthly so with days off hols etc so 11cleans = £22000.

6 weekly = 8 cleans = £16000 so can afford to be a little late.

if your off for a week then those customers you just skip a month..and tell them why....im on holiday that week...if your off for a day then you may be able to squeeze those in to catch up...always see on hear people saying there behind because they had a week off...dont get why people try and do ones they've missed for the week as what do you do the next month surely just messes your whole round up..

Depends if you work calendar monthly yes you would have to skip or mess up your round.

I work 4 weekly so if I have a week off the whole lot gets shifted a week. 

When I say I'm a week behind constantly I mean it's taking me 5 weeks to get round my work instead of 4. So I've either got too much work or Adam too lazy or both.

my work calender is yes 4 weekly ..each day full so if I had a week off it gets skipped...theres no way I could fit in that weeks work the next week as well as that weeks work...
then you have the scenario following month your gonna have to do those customers your fitting in a week or so early to get your work back in to the usual 4 weekly schedule,
how do you get round doing your customers the following month that you've done late last month, you must be doing them early say 3 weeks or less to get back on track other wise surely the week you had off the following month you have no work scheduled, because you've crammed it in the week you come back of holiday...
just don't make sense to me.

Ive showed your obsession paragraph to my partner..I thought I was mad.. thank god im mad but not alone yay. Cleaning windows is a great job. I don't do 500 a day far from it but chipping away keeping customers happy having loads of tea and cake and getting the job done. Does it for me Happy daz

Look up a guy on youtube C T Fletcher 

Weightlifting world champion who now does motivational speaking and a very smart guy

He also says the key to success in anything is obsession

It is the only way you will achieve all you can

my work calender is yes 4 weekly ..each day full so if I had a week off it gets skipped...theres no way I could fit in that weeks work the next week as well as that weeks work...
then you have the scenario following month your gonna have to do those customers your fitting in a week or so early to get your work back in to the usual 4 weekly schedule,
how do you get round doing your customers the following month that you've done late last month, you must be doing them early say 3 weeks or less to get back on track other wise surely the week you had off the following month you have no work scheduled, because you've crammed it in the week you come back of holiday...

This is what makes no sense to me 

Why would you skip that days work rather than carry on where you left off thus avoiding missing customers for a whole clean ?

Whatever fequency you do including monthly makes no difference

If i had a monthly job due on the 1st and had a week holiday it would then be done around the 7th

That doesn't mean it is done a week early next time just do it around the 7th next time as that is when it will be due

A job due around the 28th would be done the first week of the next month as it would all have been held back a week due to holiday

Round planning software or my excel spreadsheet with formulas for dates etc will take care of that for you

I don't get this fascination with monthly being different

Last edited by a moderator:

So if you have a week off you make those due clients/jobs wait 8 weeks before their next clean ??, If so total madness if I have a week off i will drop straight back on to the work that was made to wait due to me been off and they in effect they are all a week behind until fully caught up. 

Why are you having jobs due on certain dates? Just so unnecessary. 

I text the night before, I get round roughly 6-7 weeks and this system works without any pressure or hassle. 

Im off to Vegas Friday and when I get back I have no intention or pressure to ‘catch up’, just pick up where I left off.

I genuinely think some of you guys are being far to regimental with this. 

So if you have a week off you make those due clients/jobs wait 8 weeks before their next clean ??, If so total madness if I have a week off i will drop straight back on to the work that was made to wait due to me been off and they in effect they are all a week behind until fully caught up. 
why is it total madness to skip a month....theres people on hear that do cleans 6/8/12 weekly are they crazy then.
so if I have a round that customer are 4 weekly i start 8am and most days finish between 4-5pm.
generally struggle to fit new customers in.
I'd say 90% customers know I'm regular as clock work get money left out gates left open around days I'm coming with out having to tex, call, or remind.

now if I have 1 or 2 weeks off explain how I'd fit those customers in as well as keeping to rest of my schedule when I get back..
surely somewhere down line if try fit all these in on top a lot of my customers would end up waiting 6-7 weeks for a clean any way where I'm trying to cram these in as how do you fit 1-2 weeks work missed on top of a packed out schedule....that is what's crazy...

customers understand that your only human and like any job you are entitled to a holiday.
if I'm going to be off next month, the ones I'm missing I will let know in person if I see them or leave a note after I clean month before, also leave a message on my website/facebook saying off between ?-? any customers due between this time I will be skipping a month.
never had any annoyed customers just messages of ok have a great holiday etc..
so don't see how its madness or crazy..

if i had the time to try cram in 2 weeks work on top of my usual work, think that would suggest to me that I have too light of a work load and need to grow my business more,
if thats the case for you, then at some point down the line when your business grows, you will also understand some of us on hear that's commented that say we skip a month you will under stand why it isn't possible to just catch up with them.

Back