Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6 week frequency - number of cleans a year

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B has a 6 weekly round where he makes £200 every day. Darren G has a monthly round where he makes £200 every day. Steve G has a 4 weekly round and he makes £200 every day.

Dave, Darren and Steve all take two weeks off for the Monaco Grand Prix (sounding good Steve?) And a few beers.

Which one looses the most money?

DO YOU GET IT YET?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

my work calender is yes 4 weekly ..each day full so if I had a week off it gets skipped...theres no way I could fit in that weeks work the next week as well as that weeks work...
then you have the scenario following month your gonna have to do those customers your fitting in a week or so early to get your work back in to the usual 4 weekly schedule,
how do you get round doing your customers the following month that you've done late last month, you must be doing them early say 3 weeks or less to get back on track other wise surely the week you had off the following month you have no work scheduled, because you've crammed it in the week you come back of holiday...
just don't make sense to me.

There's no cramming.

My work is 4 weekly.

If I have a week off, I start from where I left off so the entire 4 weeks gets shifted down a week, so in effect it will be 5 weeks since I have done them all when I get to them but once they are done they are 4 weekly again.

Forget months, days, dates and times I don't deal in them.

Start where left off

I have Jan off every year to escape to warmer climates. I tell my customers before hand that I will not be coming January - not one has moaned. I just skip a month :)

Dave B has a 6 weekly round where he makes £200 every day. Darren G has a monthly round where he makes £200 every day. Steve G has a 4 weekly round and he makes £200 every day.

Dave, Darren and Steve all take two weeks off for the Monaco Grand Prix (sounding good Steve?) And a few beers.

Which one looses the most money?

DO YOU GET IT YET?

I don’t think Steven gerrard cleans windows .  :1f603:

Dave b . Got his first weeks work done that was due when he was away , before he went away . When he came back he got the second weeks work done and gradually getting it all back on the proper week . Result he didn’t lose a penny .           Now Darren g . Couldn’t pull any work forward as he was having two weeks off in the middle of the month . When he came back he tried to do as much as possible . But before he knows it the month is up . Result he lost about 7 days pay .                     Now Steve g he is well lazy , worked his 4 weekly as normal . Didn’t think to do some early . Had his two weeks off . Came back started where he left off . Result he lost a full 2 weeks pay .

Dave b . Got his first weeks work done that was due when he was away , before he went away . When he came back he got the second weeks work done and gradually getting it all back on the proper week . Result he didn’t lose a penny .           Now Darren g . Couldn’t pull any work forward as he was having two weeks off in the middle of the month . When he came back he tried to do as much as possible . But before he knows it the month is up . Result he lost about 7 days pay .                     Now Steve g he is well lazy , worked his 4 weekly as normal . Didn’t think to do some early . Had his two weeks off . Came back started where he left off . Result he lost a full 2 weeks pay .
Totally wrong mate.
No one pulled in or pushed back anything. Rounds are full to capacity. No more room. No more hours in the day.

The answer is the all lost out on £200 per day whilst away regardless of their schedules. END OF.

Stop trying to be so 'clever' with your answers and your 'this is the only way' attitude mate.

Any window cleaner who's rounds are at max capacity is going to loose out on the earnings if he has time off.

Simple as that.

if thats the case for you, then at some point down the line when your business grows, you will also understand some of us on hear that's commented that say we skip a month you will under stand why it isn't possible to just catch up with them.

When my business grows  :1f602:

Only been doing this since 1991 so it may grow at some point lol

Teaching people to suck eggs springs to mind 

my work calender is yes 4 weekly ..each day full so if I had a week off it gets skipped...theres no way I could fit in that weeks work the next week as well as that weeks work...
then you have the scenario following month your gonna have to do those customers your fitting in a week or so early to get your work back in to the usual 4 weekly schedule,
how do you get round doing your customers the following month that you've done late last month, you must be doing them early say 3 weeks or less to get back on track other wise surely the week you had off the following month you have no work scheduled, because you've crammed it in the week you come back of holiday...
just don't make sense to me.

neither do you!

Dave b my comment wasn't even aimed at you so don't be so quick to take offence

I don't take offence to much

What i do take offence to is the fact that we all work differently but you seem to have a blinkered view to things and fail to accept that someone may work differently to you and still know what they are doing

The fact is we do all do things differently and are free to say how we do things

I've been doing this job 26 years and don't need telling i am doing things wrong 

Simple as that and not getting in to an argument

That last comment is uncalled for @jay198127

It will be deleted and any further language like that will be treated appropriately 

why is it total madness to skip a month....theres people on hear that do cleans 6/8/12 weekly are they crazy then.
so if I have a round that customer are 4 weekly i start 8am and most days finish between 4-5pm.
generally struggle to fit new customers in.
I'd say 90% customers know I'm regular as clock work get money left out gates left open around days I'm coming with out having to tex, call, or remind.

now if I have 1 or 2 weeks off explain how I'd fit those customers in as well as keeping to rest of my schedule when I get back..
surely somewhere down line if try fit all these in on top a lot of my customers would end up waiting 6-7 weeks for a clean any way where I'm trying to cram these in as how do you fit 1-2 weeks work missed on top of a packed out schedule....that is what's crazy...

customers understand that your only human and like any job you are entitled to a holiday.
if I'm going to be off next month, the ones I'm missing I will let know in person if I see them or leave a note after I clean month before, also leave a message on my website/facebook saying off between ?-? any customers due between this time I will be skipping a month.
never had any annoyed customers just messages of ok have a great holiday etc..
so don't see how its madness or crazy..

if i had the time to try cram in 2 weeks work on top of my usual work, think that would suggest to me that I have too light of a work load and need to grow my business more,
if thats the case for you, then at some point down the line when your business grows, you will also understand some of us on hear that's commented that say we skip a month you will under stand why it isn't possible to just catch up with them.

My business has grown quite a bit in over 17 years and my rounds are full :1f603:  , I stick to 4 weekly and if I have a week off for example then all my work effectively ends up getting done on a week late until I am fully caught up over a period of 4 weeks. Just seems mad to me that  25% of  your clients are  having to wait 8 weeks before the next clean were as the other 75% are not behind at all if you have a week off. Best Regards IG 

Look up a guy on youtube C T Fletcher 

Weightlifting world champion who now does motivational speaking and a very smart guy

He also says the key to success in anything is obsession

It is the only way you will achieve all you can
ct"its your mother firggin set" fletcher

I love all his vids!

There is debate whether he was a clean weightlifter or on the juice but either way what he has been through and still lifting shows obsession

This is pretty much my way of seeing things in life whether work or personal life etc

20171030_191459.jpg

There is debate whether he was a clean weightlifter or on the juice but either way what he has been through and still lifting shows obsession

This is pretty much my way of seeing things in life whether work or personal life etc

View attachment 11799

you feel like you could do anything after watching his vids.

its unbelievable that he died three times after having a heart attack and has a fake heart but still trains balls to the wall.

I reckon there was some juice involved and probably still is, some trt or something.

truly inspiring 

Well I reckon yr all wrong and I'm the only one who is right. My way is obviously the best way, but I'm not telling because I don't want anyone to be as good as me.  :1f602:

Back