Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

8.5 metre triple lyte ladder with ankalad fitted

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So looks like i am stuck with the ladders..mate now let me downThink I'll take smurfs advice on board and keep em and see what happens workwise
Good plan - I can see the stabiliser stops sideways movement - but does it stop feet slipping back (I usually have spikes)

Yes it stops backward slide

I just used it free standing on my lawn to trim my birch tree down to size

First time I've used them in 2 weeks

If you need to work at roofline or above i wouldn't do it without an ankalad and microlite/mini standoff for safety

The Ankalad Ladder Stabiliser

An Ankalad Stabiliser secures a ladder in much the same way as stabilisers secure a child's first bike.

Correctly positioned it's impossible for the ladder to slide down the wall or side over sideways due to over-reaching - which is the real killer and cause of 9 out of 10 accidents.

Ankalad weighs just 3.6kg (8lbs) and is built to a high quality using the finest materials, namely annodised aluminium, zinc plated steel, brass, stainless steel and nylon mouldings.

If you use ladders, or if you employ people to use your ladders, can you afford NOT to use Ankalad?

Fits any wooden or aluminium ladder of 1, 2 or 3 sections

• Very high quality
  • Extremely strong, yet very light
  • Provides a safe reach of up to 26ft against a solid structure and up to 14ft free standing
  • Folds away flat when not in use
  • Adjustable telescopic legs with easy find locking buttons to cater for un-even ground
  • Totally eliminates ladder 'bounce'
  • Makes extending your ladder much easier
  • Will TOTALLY stop your ladder from sliding down a wall or toppling sideways

I have a townhouse on my books that i can do the top from inside but have done the skylights from outside with that setup

Get to top then pole from above

I would not still be doing roofline work by ladders when needed without using an ankalad and microlite standoff that's for sure.

its fate. i would now advertize ruthlessly day n night on FB to get work for them,to justify them as it were .

a good way to find work for them is to find the old part of the area you work. old as in wooden framed georgian 3 storey[like these i do] . these cannot be done nicely by WFP and a bit of doorknocking will surely reap handsome rewards. theres usually very few windies who will tackle 3 storey on ladders now,in fact you might be only one in your area View attachment 4610

I do a couple like this boar

All have full width flat conny roofs and patio doors round there..like an extension as brick sides

View attachment 4613

This pick off google is old..velux above all top windows now due to proper loft conversion

View attachment 4614

I do a couple like this boarAll have full width flat conny roofs and patio doors round there..like an extension as brick sides

View attachment 6914

This pick off google is old..velux above all top windows now due to proper loft conversion
you could promote the 3storey angle. i used to have this foto of me doin 3 storey windows on my website in the early days of my biz and that one foto of me brought in a heck of a lot of work. im still doin a big tranch of 3 storey now ,but although lucrative im lookin for someone else capable to hand it to gratis as i now only want to work on the council estates .

Last edited:
Dare I ask what have you got wedge at the bpttom of the ladder to make the ladder level on that hill?

View attachment 6915you could promote the 3storey angle. i used to have this foto of me doin 3 storey windows on my website in the early days of my biz and that one foto of me brought in a heck of a lot of work. im still doin a big tranch of 3 storey now ,but although lucrative im lookin for someone else capable to hand it to gratis as i now only want to work on the council estates .

Dare I ask what have you got wedge at the bpttom of the ladder to make the ladder level on that hill?
a set of rubber laddermats . these same mats "let go " just a few months later one cold October morn and i fell the full drop [thankfully was only 1 floor up ], i then found out the mats have very poor grip-up till then id trusted them totally.

These days i am still doing 3 storey almost every day but someone is footing the ladder at all times [while using mats to adjust angle only]

Thanks I thought they were...Not long after I got the same Frank must have left them at a job and was never seen again. I only used them to level the ladder too but instead of someone having to foot the ladder for me was another good reason to start using an ankalad.

Back