Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

800 flyers 1 reply...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To be honest with u mate 31k impression is good but you need to hit over 100k plus to reach the full potential of facebook advertising, i been getting plenty of impressions and i havent spent once pence..... ?

If anyone is interested in how to do this then inbox me ? ?

View attachment 17131

Yea I understand that, the reach there is after just 24 hours with no pennys spent, I'm just trying to show that if done right facebook can be a very powerful marketing tool as most window cleaners tend to neglect it for old school outdated methods.

To be honest with u mate 31k impression is good but you need to hit over 100k plus to reach the full potential of facebook advertising, i been getting plenty of impressions and i havent spent once pence..... ?

If anyone is interested in how to do this then inbox me ? ?

View attachment 17131
I just noticed that all those posts have been boosted so actually yes you have spent money on it

Either way with any advertising you need to spend money one way or another, a 31k-100k reach has to cover a large radius which would be 10 miles and beyond, yes Fb is a way forward for the future, but a lad I know has built a solid round of over 300 regular clients with 10+ houses in some of the streets he covers through flyer drops followed up by door knocking and his local work radius is under a few miles all on new build estates and well priced. 

Yea I understand that, the reach there is after just 24 hours with no pennys spent, I'm just trying to show that if done right facebook can be a very powerful marketing tool as most window cleaners tend to neglect it for old school outdated methods.

I just noticed that all those posts have been boosted so actually yes you have spent money on it
 I havent spent a penny on it though cos i got access to free facebook ad vouchers ,  Its all about who u know ?

If u see on that post it says i spent £4,431 but really i havent spent a penny on it

This is all legit aswell

AEEE61E5-C571-44D3-94DB-CD19F939F855.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday for 1 hour and picked up a booking for Monday in an area that is proving bloody hard to crack as another windy has captured the entire lot. I nearly always pick up a repeat customer and maybe one or two one off jobs (except in this area). I'm a lousy salesman too so if i can pick up a couple of jobs a day those with real sales skills / looks can easily pick up more.

Door knocking is the only way i'm making money at present so yes I DO go and do it regularly. Sorry if that disappoints you but i wouldn't talk about it or recommend it for no good reason. Today i didn't bother, i just dropped leaflets instead - didn't feel like knocking but tomorrow i'll be out there doing so as i've found some roads that i like the look of.
Hey Tango.

Ive a combination of different ways:

- Van signwritten

- Business Cards & Flyers (nice & smart design,more Professional)..I hand flyers out with every job done,that way im always recommended,plus my feedback is so far so good.

- a website is in progress.As you Tango,if once ive done a few Clients & a couple of hours to kill..I'll go out Canvassing,its Ok & can generate some business.I leave van parked strategically,the signwriting gets noticed then hopefully sells.

Willing perseverance.

Pane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i've heard the van thing said repeatedly but i don't have the cash for that so that's a non starter for me!

Still need to get some before / after photos too... i know of a couple of properties that are filthy enough to provide them but catching anyone in at those places is tricky.

@Tango I always forget to take pics of my work ! Its a shame really. For the minute though why dont you get some stock images im sure if you looked around google or bing you will find some free to use pics -

I remember the day i set up my fb page and my website etc. i had not one pic of anything so i used all stock images with the execption of my van which i just took a pic of sat on my drive. 

I was pleased i finally bit the bullet and done that ,

if im honest i dont agree with using stock photos but it helped me because i quickly remebered to start taking photos of my own work and changed them all within about two weeks .

Also i had been putting off doing websites etc because i kept thinking i needed photos etc so i missed out on having an online profile for a long time, which i also believe these days is the most important way to build your round .

My last point id make aswell regarding pics is they are all pretty generic anyway

Dirty green sill/ white shiny sill

blocked gutter/ clear gutter 

soapy window/ half squegeed window

?

Most of the time,i remember to take before & after photo's...

With wfp & van included.

These will eventually go on to my website which is currently being constructed.

you have to knock, introduce yourself, hand them a flyer and quoting your price for full house, 

you can drop all the flyers you have off, if someone knocks they will prob get them.     most flyers are put aside.    or lost  somehow.

Johnny bravo : the majority of the above is naturally what ive done,in a professional manner with a ? & polite chat.

Ive gained a few new clients,its heading the right way but very slowly.

well droped 800 leaflets and had one email relpy 3 weeks after i droped it. a one off cause the guy was selling his house... I replyed saying I would be happy to quote and I so far havnt heard back from him....lol  ah well if I get one more enquirer then the 2 replys per 1000 droped theory will have proved to be right after iv droped the last 200.  hoped I might get lucky and have more replys. there seems alot of windys round this way. think its a very established area for this trade these days. 
If the area is saturated with Window Cleaners..you will need to canvass another area.

Back