Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Night Shift Last Night!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Donny

Our local Tesco Superstore hired me too clean inside there goods store, could only be done at night , also had to clean there unloading bay and the concreted area round the store, as the sides still had goods on the shelving had too use my FSC, so started at 10pm last night and we had to clean a bit , move the cages ,clean another bit move the cages yawn yawn , bloody good money though and have to go back tonight, Manager phoned me today and is very happy so far so asked him "who cleans your windows by ra way ?" lol , got then now an aw lol

View attachment 1434

No choice but to use the FSC , worked well though

View attachment 1435

View attachment 968

View attachment 969

How did you get the cleaning job for them mate? i thought the africans always do it /emoticons/smile.png

The FSC was bang on for this job, no overspray and big flat area , they wanted it cleaner and id warned em as they couldnt empty the store id have too not use my lance to wash down so wouldnt be 100% clean, had to use hose and brush to wash away dirty water, still done a good job even if i say so myself, and as i live in North West Scotland aint no Africans up here /emoticons/biggrin.png , i have a contract with local CO OP an aw i do there lockblock round the store every year /emoticons/biggrin.png

Got to watch out for residual surface water turning to ice as I found out today. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Don't want any members of staff or member of the public slipping up on black ice now do we?

I had to use a wet vac to try to remove all surface water before the temp dropped down below freezing today. It's now -5 here so good luck trying to finish that job tonight. /emoticons/wink.png

Well just in, job finished, been lucky with th weather up here so far guys, it was actually raining here last night and +4 and bit windy, so job finished, its been east coast of Scotland getting the snow, none for us so far, im off tae ma bed, oh the FSC is a WHIRLAWAY 21" model a proper Industrial model Johnny Bravo cost about £450 a few years ago. they are fine for concrete but no use on much else really, think ive only used it a handful off times since a got it

Nice one donny,… Glad the weather was kind to you. /emoticons/wink.png

Agree whirlway type fsc’s are not very good and think they need at least 21 gpm pressure washers to drive them properly.

Did you put down any chems first? Also did you use hot water too?

A lot of the yanks use hot water fsc's that have a water recovery vac system using a roots blower to suck the water up as the clean. Same type of powerful vac pump used on high end carpet cleaning truck mounts.

That type of blower would out perform any type of wet vac used for gutter clearing too. :rolleyes:

Never used hot water Smurf, Used my GX390 with a 15 lpm Interpump, had my wheelie bin van with me which has a hotbox fitted too an Interpump 21lpm in case i needed hot but decided it was all coming up good anyway, and used a degreaser on the steel loading bay, worked it in with a stiff brush and then jetted it off, worked well, ive seen the Yanks using them kinda things on youtube bet they cost a fortune lol

I have tried the whirlaway connected to my 21 lpm Interpump, still wassnae brilliant on lockblock, ok on concrete and its only surface id use it on , even then if it aint too big an area i always use my lance and turbo nozzle , just couldnt for this job apart fae the loading bay area

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Much too low a spec for hard surface cleaning as it's 100bar of pressure. That's only 1450 psi max and the flow rate would be **** too. :rolleyes:

I use a petrol 14 hp 250 bar 15 lpm pressure washer but I'm looking to getting a better one with a higher flow rate /emoticons/biggrin.png

Smurf!! wee bit off info for you too remember if you go for a 21 lpm pump, unless you use a 2 " wide inlet pipe it will never flow 21lpm, to get pump flowing 21lpm mine needs twin inlet pipes, so make sure your pipe from your barrel is 2"wide or that you get a pump with twin inlets (ws202) for instance my Cat 66dx pump is 18lpm but with an ordinary 12.5mm inlet pipe it only ever gets too 15lpm which im nae bothered about but just summat for you too think about if ya wanna go 21lpm

Back