Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A new Gutter cleaning attachment

WCF

Help Support WCF:

with safety in mind

The only constructive criticism I have based on what I can see is that this tool would require those who use it to be working sideways on their ladders as the tool head an pole are parallel with the gutter and could possibly increase the risk of falls

The only constructive criticism I have based on what I can see is that this tool would require those who use it to be working sideways on their ladders as the tool head an pole are parallel with the gutter and could possibly increase the risk of falls
Not watched the video but is it not designed to be used from the ground with a pole like the gutter pro tools ?

years back i saw a vid of what looked like a scissor action ice cream scoop that was used to empty gutters from ground level using a pole - i did not buy as it looked nonsense

this is to use on a ladder , and to be used just like a pro gutter tool but as it is a double header it can be used in both directions so you only need to buy one tool but on the safety side of it once fitted you do not have to unscrew the tool to turn it around so you are keeping one hand on the ladder at all times

No offence intended but you obviously have a passion on creating new ideas. But why not work on stuff that vast amount of window cleaners will.use. for example I'd love a set of plastic 1.2mm pencil.jets for my xline brush.

In this day and age people should say no to getting up on a ladder to clear gutters and if they cant justify buying the equipment leave it to others that can.

hope you can get BnQ or one of the big chains to take it up, they have the pro gutter range imagine the inventor has made a mint from that invention its obviously in big demand by the handy tools for general public and the trade at large

I agree most of the time we use a gutter vac but there is so many times this tool comes in handy what about bungalows and there is a lean to you need a pair of steps to see where the blockage is or a back gutter where again you need a pair of steps the list go on we have 10 vans and i agree we don't use this tool all the time but it does come in handy at times

I agree most of the time we use a gutter vac but there is so many times this tool comes in handy what about bungalows and there is a lean to you need a pair of steps to see where the blockage is or a back gutter where again you need a pair of steps the list go on we have 10 vans and i agree we don't use this tool all the time but it does come in handy at times
Sorry but I don't get why it would.come.in handy on a.bungalow so it's.stopping you.moving your ladder 2 or 3 times so you can drag the ****.to.you. tbh I think the tool.im.question is outdated by around 10 years. Technology is to.advanced in this field now.so this is just a tool for newbies/ poor people

Sorry but I don't get why it would.come.in handy on a.bungalow so it's.stopping you.moving your ladder 2 or 3 times so you can drag the ****.to.you. tbh I think the tool.im.question is outdated by around 10 years. Technology is to.advanced in this field now.so this is just a tool for newbies/ poor people
I agree everything has moved on but we do 2 blocks of flats that have 6' fences inbetween each flat, and a 5' stone wall where you've no chance of getting a vac anywhere near so ladders are a must.
We however use Pro Gutter Tools on the end of an adapted Gardinerr pole. One man up the ladder and the other pushing, pulling the 💩 to them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240727_183655_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240727_183655_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
If the design concept utilitiesd a different configuration and orientation of attachment you'd do well with it but having the design as shown and the use of ladders isn't a winner.

With the recent loss of life and life changing injuries from electrical shock we really need to consider our work practices and having feet on the ground is a must.

Did you test your proof of concept with those in the trade to gain vital feedback on how best to use it?
With just a few of us on here it's evident it needs to be pole mounted and used from the ground

Sorry if this response sounds negative but I've personally tried many concepts myself and I own two 3D printers and have wasted miles of pla trying to create time saving options for the trade with no real winner

Hi i have 10 vans and it was tested with all of them and lots more companies for approx 1 year before release we used to use a pro gutter tool but found a double header such a great advantage i released the gutter tool at the show back in April and have sold over 200 so far this little videos was to show others that there is another tool available because like most people they would agree you cant do all guttering without getting out the ladder

i must admit mark, that wouldn't work for me, ok you are moving the crud from one side and the other to say in the middle, but, you still have to check the running outlet, so that's two moves of the ladder.
that would be the same as using the pro gutter tool, swapping the tool over is no big issue for me maybe take ten seconds to do on a ladder if i'm honest its a solution to a problem that really that wasn't an issue at all just a niggle
and bug bear at times.
if it was low level, or even high for that matter then, why not use the gardiners quick lock scoop and position the ladder at the running outlet to collect the crud and inspect the outlet?

it also look like it could double as an excellent weapon, like a double headed axe . Iv had discussions in the past wi my lads about what would we do if we saw a maniac running down street with a child hostage or whatever ?

I agree everything has moved on but we do 2 blocks of flats that have 6' fences inbetween each flat, and a 5' stone wall where you've no chance of getting a vac anywhere near so ladders are a must.
We however use Pro Gutter Tools on the end of an adapted Gardinerr pole. One man up the ladder and the other pushing, pulling the 💩 to them
How far out are you extending a pole ? - doesn't seem a big issue from the photo to vac it?

How far out are you extending a pole ? - doesn't seem a big issue from the photo to vac it?
The fences are 6' high and under the trees there's a 5' stone wall. There are only certain areas where you can get to the wall so it's not possible to vac, even with a 10 metre hose.
The pole work is done from the floor, sometimes it's fully extended to reach over the balconies. I use a CLX27 as any other pole would probably snap.

Latest Posts

Back