Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A toast to the death of democracy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Aye it needs to be gotten on with it now. We cant keep dithering around like this. Anyway, at least theres good news in the window cleaning world. Clocks have gone forward and busy season is here, wahay! Wishing you all a good un ? 

I think it's a remain myth that it was mainly old that voted to leave. Theres plenty of young who voted to leave, plenty of all ages.  Anyway the majority voted to leave,  so we should leave. That's democracy...
In a nutshell as they say. 

Aye it needs to be gotten on with it now. We cant keep dithering around like this. Anyway, at least theres good news in the window cleaning world. Clocks have gone forward and busy season is here, wahay! Wishing you all a good un ? 
And you too Incheck. ??

the real problem is imo  we were given a vote yes, but the politicians were so convinced that the remain vote would win they had absolutely no plans or idea of what would happen if leave won   thats why we're in this mess    they thought ah lets give the sheep a vote and we know how they'll vote so no problem as said above none of them have any real idea about normal life   

i voted remain for the single reason i trusted johnson and farage about as much i trusted thatcher n she was poison 

As far as immigration goes the majority of immigrants from the EU i’ve met are hard working, tax paying people.

For various reasons, I've had quite a lot to do with EU immigrants over the years. Most would not give a damn about you or I.

Expensive Audis being filled up with Red Diesel, hose pipes being used to detail cars... in a hose pipe ban (with the excuse "but we pay for this water so it doesn't matter").

Parties lasting until 3:30am when you've got to be up early...

Mains electricals being bodged. Heck one computer i lent to a polish fella came back dead. Went to test it, confirmed dead. Pulled plug out of socket, the cover came off, my finger slipped in and i got a nasty shock - silly prat had removed the screw from the plug and put a tiny bit of tape along the side - not round it binding it together, just on the side.

Long story abbreviated, I looked after an Indian student in Sunderland and was invited to, and attended, his wedding in Bangalore yet because I voted to leave I'm apparently a xenophobic racist. 

I've been accused of it too. On another forum I pointed out some of the above, got accused of racism, PM'd by a mod etc etc.

I've only been shacked up with a polish bird 14 years. Her bro was the one that killed the computer (and nearly me) as mentioned above. My neighbours were the ones doing red diesel for another mate of theirs.... and those are just a FEW of the foreigners I've known as friends / family over the years but apparently i'm a racist because i speak facts from experience? Some people out there these days will deliberately use any excuse to throw that racist accusation around. They're all drama queens.

Oh and FWIW my Polish missus wanted the UK to leave too. She's had enough of EU meddling and the jobs that EU immigrants are sucking up having watched me repeatedly struggle while poles gain employment within seconds. Many poles i speak to are now fed up with Romainians coming over and taking "their" jobs. Oh the irony eh?!

For various reasons, I've had quite a lot to do with EU immigrants over the years. Most would not give a damn about you or I.

Expensive Audis being filled up with Red Diesel, hose pipes being used to detail cars... in a hose pipe ban (with the excuse "but we pay for this water so it doesn't matter").

Parties lasting until 3:30am when you've got to be up early...

Mains electricals being bodged. Heck one computer i lent to a polish fella came back dead. Went to test it, confirmed dead. Pulled plug out of socket, the cover came off, my finger slipped in and i got a nasty shock - silly prat had removed the screw from the plug and put a tiny bit of tape along the side - not round it binding it together, just on the side.

I've been accused of it too. On another forum I pointed out some of the above, got accused of racism, PM'd by a mod etc etc.

I've only been shacked up with a polish bird 14 years. Her bro was the one that killed the computer (and nearly me) as mentioned above. My neighbours were the ones doing red diesel for another mate of theirs.... and those are just a FEW of the foreigners I've known as friends / family over the years but apparently i'm a racist because i speak facts from experience? Some people out there these days will deliberately use any excuse to throw that racist accusation around. They're all drama queens.

Oh and FWIW my Polish missus wanted the UK to leave too. She's had enough of EU meddling and the jobs that EU immigrants are sucking up having watched me repeatedly struggle while poles gain employment within seconds. Many poles i speak to are now fed up with Romainians coming over and taking "their" jobs. Oh the irony eh?!
I know what the problem is and how you're assumed to be racist. People look at it and think you're not mentioning x amount of white british people that do that also.

The Romanian gypsies came over on mass to Gloucester. In my last job (rent to own retail) they signed up for loads of things and used to go back to their own country or move elsewhere in the UK without paying. Some would pay for months and build a huge account and then just disappear. I once pointed this out as my regional manager was making me accept the girlfriend of a customer who stopped paying...She didn't pay in the end ? At the same time as this we had white British people doing exactly the same thing and a lot more of them. The problem is the British people are say 75% of the customer base where as these guys are just 10% but they are not paying in the same numbers.

Don't get me wrong some of the above are done by the travelling community on mass so I don't necessarily think they're a good reason for immigration control, better policing perhaps. The mass influx of people that has pushed our house prices and cost of living through the roof is issue enough to say immigration needs to be controlled.

Its not that anyone is racist, it's just the control of large numbers. No country can allow folk to just walk in and not be scrutinized. We need to know who is in and who is out, it's just common sense but there is no common sense in politics.

I know what the problem is and how you're assumed to be racist. People look at it and think you're not mentioning x amount of white british people that do that also.

The Romanian gypsies came over on mass to Gloucester. In my last job (rent to own retail) they signed up for loads of things and used to go back to their own country or move elsewhere in the UK without paying. Some would pay for months and build a huge account and then just disappear. I once pointed this out as my regional manager was making me accept the girlfriend of a customer who stopped paying...She didn't pay in the end ? At the same time as this we had white British people doing exactly the same thing and a lot more of them. The problem is the British people are say 75% of the customer base where as these guys are just 10% but they are not paying in the same numbers.

Don't get me wrong some of the above are done by the travelling community on mass so I don't necessarily think they're a good reason for immigration control, better policing perhaps. The mass influx of people that has pushed our house prices and cost of living through the roof is issue enough to say immigration needs to be controlled.
immigration is definitely a problem in some areas, not mine i'm lucky i know, but a big part of house prices rising and lack of housing is tory policies selling off council houses , tidy idea but they stopped building any more and handed it over to their cronies in housing associations and the rents were more than double council rents  bailing out the banks as well,  people on benefits are blamed but most benefits are used up by pensions 

When did Thatcher stop being PM? In the following 30 years, which included the longest elected Labour Government, there has been no one that could reverse the decisions she made?

Importing, circa 200,000 people a year means we need to build a minimum of 60,000 new houses. This is the reason house and rent prices are ridiculously high, it's called supply and demand. 

Non EU Immigration is now twice that of EU citizens.

How will leaving the EU stop non EU immigration.?

We have control of immigration.. its the government, not the EU that controls who enters...

and this is why the MPs don't want us leaving the EU without a deal - cos if all our immigrants leave then their own property portfolios that they've "worked SO hard for" become worthless.

They don't give a damn about us, just themselves.

I think if corbyn and Abbott get in, the situation on immigration will be miles worse 
Especially if they let her count the amount of immigrants coming in ?

When did Thatcher stop being PM? In the following 30 years, which included the longest elected Labour Government, there has been no one that could reverse the decisions she made?

Importing, circa 200,000 people a year means we need to build a minimum of 60,000 new houses. This is the reason house and rent prices are ridiculously high, it's called supply and demand. 
This makes sense across the entire country but I don't understand how here in the cotswolds we have the lowest percentage of immigrants and some of the highest house prices outside of London ?‍♂️ During the recession the house prices here remained higher and got back to the previous prices far quicker than anywhere else in the country.

This makes sense across the entire country but I don't understand how here in the cotswolds we have the lowest percentage of immigrants and some of the highest house prices outside of London ?‍♂️ During the recession the house prices here remained higher and got back to the previous prices far quicker than anywhere else in the country.
There musn't be any demand for cheap unskilled labourers, also if house prices were already high they wouldn't have been placed there during Blairs and Browns tenure. During the mass influx of the 90's / early 2000's, "asylum seekers" were sent to the "poorer" areas where the homes were cheaper to rent.

Blair/Brown and the bankers unbalanced everything in the housing market during the property boom years 2000 - 2004....

Houses prices going up like they did, wages never went up...

House prices are ridiculous in the majority of the country. Suppose the future for most is a rented property.

It was pretty much the same in OZ, owning your home was was a dream for a the majority...

Last edited by a moderator:
House of Lords is undemocratic. Life Peers etc. Surely we should sort our own house out, before criticising the EU?

It’s very hypocritical.

Except many other countries do not have benefits systems like ours and a much weaker currency making any benefit that were to be paid, worthless back here.

Back