Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ace3 - Starting from scratch - WFP Blog

WCF

Help Support WCF:

£500 FOR A REEL, how old are you ace,         Its all part of the FUN reeling it in,    get your heart pumping, LOL, I PARK UP AND GO AS FAR AWAY AS POSS.  THEN drag the reel out, get as many cleaned  in that street  so i just reel it in once.

Its the finished job the customers need to see.

Make sure you check your TDS, with having a DI vessel as your purifier,   I have picked up 3 new customers because there windy is leaving marks on the glass when the windows are dry.      Must be his water purity.    
Ha each to their own mate, I would never find reeling in hose manually fun so am happy to spend the money.

Cheers for the advice, i have an inline tds meter so will make sure I'm cleaning with 000ppm.

Update 

Did my first round of canvassing Tuesday/ Wednesday in a road full of expensive houses and managed to get 3 customers so far at £90, £70 and £40. 

I did the whole road over two nights and my results were 

50 knocked

3 yes

2 maybe

27 - were not in, card left

1 - no after given quote

3 - no before quote

14 - no already have a window cleaner

ill keep going back to the houses where the owners weren't in so that I can get a full picture of the make up of that road. Also got the numbers of the 2 maybes so I'll txt them in the future.

This was my first round of canvassing since spending all of that money for my professional van system so felt a little nervous which I hadn't before.

The very first house I knocked at was a man who said he needed a cleaner and accepted the price of £90....I was over the moon and that gave me a great deal of confidence knocking on the other houses.

im off out again tonight for an hour or so and hope to get at least 1 more customer.

I have cleaned a load of houses this week also with the van and love it, makes such a massive difference mentally from having to lug barrels about everywhere and the electric reel is a lot of fun.

cheers again

ace

Well done Ace3,

£200 worth of wok picked up in only 2 evenings canvassing is excellent. You're obviously picking the right areas to canvass.

Definitely check up on the maybes and good luck with the ones that weren't at home, lets hope some of those turn into customers.

Must feel good to start to have  a return on your investment - keep it up  :1f44d:

Cheers Spartan, went out for about an hour tonight and managed to get a new customer.

shes asked for references though which I've never had to give before, I guess I'll just ring up two of my existing customers and ask if they could briefly speak to her about me......she seemed a nice lady, it's a big house so maybe she was just a little apprehensive over who she leaves her side door open for (oooo naughty).

Ace thats great you picking up that work 

never been asked for references before

how long did it take to do them houses
Cheers mate, I will be doing them Monday so don't know yet. They are far bigger than any of the houses I have done before though.

Cheers Spartan, went out for about an hour tonight and managed to get a new customer.

shes asked for references though which I've never had to give before, I guess I'll just ring up two of my existing customers and ask if they could briefly speak to her about me......she seemed a nice lady, it's a big house so maybe she was just a little apprehensive over who she leaves her side door open for (oooo naughty).
It's if the back door being left open is more important  :1f61c:

Update:

Loving growing the business! Got my van signwritten and am really pleased with the design.

learnt a lot along the way and continuing to learn!

cheers again everyone for support and sorry for not updating earlier I just got really busy with it all and forgot...I'll try to post pictures/ updates in the future more regularly!

IMG_4495.JPG

Update:

Loving growing the business! Got my van signwritten and am really pleased with the design.

learnt a lot along the way and continuing to learn!

cheers again everyone for support and sorry for not updating earlier I just got really busy with it all and forgot...I'll try to post pictures/ updates in the future more regularly!

View attachment 11559
Really interesting reading your thread ace. You have really grown the business. I have just left fire service after 31 years. I used to trad between shifts 25 years ago. Then moved to different part of country and gave up my round. Just started up again part time mainly bungalows trad. Although I have just invested in trolley and pole to do upper floors WFP. 

I have vw caddy with all my gear in but kept away from having a tank as I want to use van for other things. Like you I really enjoy it. All the best keep up good work.?

Really interesting reading your thread ace. You have really grown the business. I have just left fire service after 31 years. I used to trad between shifts 25 years ago. Then moved to different part of country and gave up my round. Just started up again part time mainly bungalows trad. Although I have just invested in trolley and pole to do upper floors WFP. 

I have vw caddy with all my gear in but kept away from having a tank as I want to use van for other things. Like you I really enjoy it. All the best keep up good work.?

Cheers mate, good luck also and congrats on your retirement!

Van looks great! Is that the 850kg version you have there?

Thank you, Yes it is 

Happy new year all!

Still growing the business and have set myself the challenge of getting 120 customers by April with an average price of £35.

Really loving the freedom of the job and how it moulds so well around the fire service.

Will update more regularly each week of my progress, here’s a picture I like which keeps me motivated and shows what I can do with some determination to succeed.

what a change from putting a pure freedom trolley in this....

85F7EA37-BD89-4BD0-AFB7-CC5B3384F4F1.jpeg

To creating a round in this beauty:

77D9801C-D4C2-43E4-BAD2-A1BB19004EBF.jpeg

Back