Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on New Van System.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TheDublinerDarren

I’ve just purchased and installed a van mounted DI system. When it arrived from the supplier it had obviously been tested and the DI vessel was full of resin so I wired it up, put water in the tank and set it running. Fortunately I live a an area where the water is very good quality and measures only 77 PPM. However, when I tested it after going through the system it measured 130 PPM. Is this normal with a new system and should it reduce once I put enough water through the hose? I was going to replace the resin, but would appreciate advice on how to depressurise the DI vessel safely as I did release one of the connections but got a soaking and was forced to reconnect it.  Thanks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just purchased and installed a van mounted DI system. When it arrived from the supplier it had obviously been tested and the DI vessel was full of resin so I wired it up, put water in the tank and set it running. Fortunately I live a an area where the water is very good quality and measures only 77 PPM. However, when I tested it after going through the system it measured 130 PPM. Is this normal with a new system and should it reduce once I put enough water through the hose? I was going to replace the resin, but would appreciate advice on how to depressurise the DI vessel safely as I did release one of the connections but got a soaking and was forced to reconnect it.  Thanks. 
No its not. It should be zero ppm.

You depressurize the system by turning the water flow into the di vessel off. I'm surprised there is pressure inside the di vessel to begin with. Water is supposed to flow slow through it  and be purified. If its going from your tap though the di vessel and into your van's tank, then it shouldn't be under pressure unless you have your tap full on.

I would query the resin issue with your supplier.

Thanks for your replies but it looks like I’ve made the mistake. I put water in the tank in the van and assumed that was then pumped through the DI vessel to the brush. From what you are saying the water goes through the DI vessel first and then in to the tank? 

Thanks for your replies but it looks like I’ve made the mistake. I put water in the tank in the van and assumed that was then pumped through the DI vessel to the brush. From what you are saying the water goes through the DI vessel first and then in to the tank? 

You can do it either way as long as the water is 000ppm at the brush head it doesn't matter.

Personally, I prefer to put the DI vessel before the tank which means I don't have to worry about water purity during the working day.

As you are not using an RO I would strongly suggest you consider using double-DI:

Back