Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Android iPhone squeegee app

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CrispySquid

If you have a android phone with squeegee app do you still have to purchase credits to send sms reminders and invoices etc. ?
I think I remember it saying something about apple when I set it up.
I’m on iPhone and credit cost is starting to rack up. Might be worth me buying an android phone ?

I use Android and Squeegee and as far as I know sms from within the app needs credits. I don't use the Squeegee sms system as I send invoices via email (FREE) and any sms I send I do manually via phone on my sim cards included sms. You can work out the invoice links as they are all the same but with the appropriate invoice number at the end.

How much are the sms credits?
3.6p per message. I manage on one text per completed job, even with invoice links attached.

I use the messages because both vans can message from the same number. All replies come through to my phone of course. The only thing I wouldn't be keen on is the two way messaging. The cost there could rack up quite quickly.

3.6p per message. I manage on one text per completed job, even with invoice links attached.

I use the messages because both vans can message from the same number. All replies come through to my phone of course. The only thing I wouldn't be keen on is the two way messaging. The cost there could rack up quite quickly.
Do you pay for 2 users ?

Do you pay for 2 users ?
No mate. I also don't complain that the app crashes all the bloody time as I accept this is because we use it on three different devices ???. I would happily pay them say £50 for an additional user, because I'm on the Advanced version it would set me back £288. For someone to be able to see my screen and close jobs off I just can't justify it.

Thanks, I imagine that will rack up fast. Probably an extra £18 per month for me.
I'm at about £9 every 4 working days on average. It just tops up automatically. The only benefit for me is the other phone being able to message from my number. If I weren't so lazy I could just copy and paste each text and save money... Too much effort though. I'm busy servicing Univalves ??? (That was my order for 3 kits and one tool you just shipped)

I'm busy servicing Univalves ??? (That was my order for 3 kits and one tool you just shipped)
Ah that was you, thanks ? ?
No mate. I also don't complain that the app crashes all the bloody time as I accept this is because we use it on three different devices ???. I would happily pay them say £50 for an additional user, because I'm on the Advanced version it would set me back £288. For someone to be able to see my screen and close jobs off I just can't justify it.
I've noticed that if you have it installed on two devices, it seems to work fine logged in with the same credentials. If you update something on one phone, it immediately updates in real-time on the other.

Ah that was you, thanks ? ?

I've noticed that if you have it installed on two devices, it seems to work fine logged in with the same credentials. If you update something on one phone, it immediately updates in real-time on the other.
Nah thank you mate. The RecProtek saves me so much time and effort.

We have 2 phones and a laptop all logged into the same credentials. The issues seem to come when one of us tries to make a change or complete a job but it hasn't quite synced. Say mine says 12 jobs remaining but the other van has completed a job shortly before so there are actually 11... I can close the job but it will then crash when I try and send an email or a text. Similarly if the laptop starts recording payments while we're closing jobs it throws everything out of sync and the phones crash (The web app doesn't though).

The phones update relatively quickly. The problem comes about when one of us has poor signal I think.

I've never tried doing anything at once on both phones. My wife (who also cleans windows with me) has it on her phone and can open squeegee to see the schedule or how much work we have left. She very rarely makes any changes on hers though so that's probably why we've never noticed any issues.
I can imagine it being an issue with it crashing if someone changes something on one phone while it synchronising with the server on another. It synchronises so often though, that it's pretty likely to happen. As you said with the bad phone signal, I've noticed it takes a lot longer to sync and can kinda pause halfway through making it a lot more likely for some change to happen mid sync.

I use Android and Squeegee and as far as I know sms from within the app needs credits. I don't use the Squeegee sms system as I send invoices via email (FREE) and any sms I send I do manually via phone on my sim cards included sms. You can work out the invoice links as they are all the same but with the appropriate invoice number at the end.
if you send email invoice will that link with GC if you have it?or do they have to be internaly linked by the companys smsAlso can you have a template invoice thats sent to custy or multiple custys on your phone please?

if you send email invoice will that link with GC if you have it?or do they have to be internaly linked by the companys smsAlso can you have a template invoice thats sent to custy or multiple custys on your phone please?
Yes Squeegee puts the GC link at the top of all my invoices. I don't use the Squeegee SMS. Yes you can setup template invoices that have custom 'tokens' like customer name address, work done etc auto populated. I have it set so that as soon as I finish a job I click the customers job then click done and it marks it as done and sends the auto invoice.
Ask Squeegee about a trial and walk through as I think they now have videos to help.

Yes Squeegee puts the GC link at the top of all my invoices. I don't use the Squeegee SMS. Yes you can setup template invoices that have custom 'tokens' like customer name address, work done etc auto populated. I have it set so that as soon as I finish a job I click the customers job then click done and it marks it as done and sends the auto invoice.
Ask Squeegee about a trial and walk through as I think they now have videos to help.
Thank you

Back