Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Annual plans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bobski

Does anyone offer a annual plan?, ie, windows cleaned on a regular schedule, gutters emptied, washed and cleaned (Once a year).probably includes the Fascias and soffits..Monthly direct debit £18 a month!....im using this figure purely for this post

We have quite a few that are regular window cleaning customers that have the gutters vacuumed every year , and gfs cleaned each year and pressure washing done , we book them in for the following year at the same time , but we don’t charge a monthly fee we bill them for the job in full after it’s been done

@bobski I may be on my own here but an annual plan sounds well over the top. I don't know anyone that would have this done personally.
Ive noticed it creeping in for the likes of Gutter cleaning (Mainly).. Lee Pryor offers discounts for pre booked gutter cleans
Noticed this on a website.....
Conservatory Roof Clean Only – £50 minimum charge

Package discounts

• Annual cleaning plans start from £17.66 per month
    (includes your window cleaning costs for the year, a gutter empty and washdown of your soffts, fascias and guttering during the 12-month period of your contract)

Does anyone offer a annual plan?, ie, windows cleaned on a regular schedule, gutters emptied, washed and cleaned (Once a year).probably includes the Fascias and soffits..Monthly direct debit £18 a month!....im using this figure purely for this post
Reference: I came across this

Package discounts

(includes your window cleaning costs for the year, a gutter empty and washdown of your soffts, fascias and guttering during the 12-month period of your contract)

Ive noticed it creeping in for the likes of Gutter cleaning (Mainly).. Lee Pryor offers discounts for pre booked gutter cleans

Package discounts

I have some friends who do this , but the trouble is if you do the work and they then cancel or move you have to sort out payment in full unless you do the clean at the end of the year when they have paid the amount in full , personally feel it starts getting complicated with monthly instalments.

We have 2 opposite each other where we do annual gutter clear and clean, fascia, conservatory roof and all windows.

I took these on in the early days, hoping they would use me rather than their regular trad window cleaners who wouldn't do the job. They didn't.

Out of courtesy, we still do those jobs, but I won't clean do any new gutter clear, cleans or conservatory roof cleans for non customers.

Package discounts

@bobski I'm no expert, but I think if this type of thing worked in window cleaning, it would have already been done by now. I've never known an industry like window/external cleaning where new products and ideas come out all the time. I've heard people say things like "people pay every month for sky TV, netflix, gym subscription etc" but unfortunately they aren't the same thing as window cleaning and people will never see them as the same.

@bobski I'm no expert, but I think if this type of thing worked in window cleaning, it would have already been done by now. I've never known an industry like window/external cleaning where new products and ideas come out all the time. I've heard people say things like "people pay every month for sky TV, netflix, gym subscription etc" but unfortunately they aren't the same thing as window cleaning and people will never see them as the same.
Several gardeners do this in our area as well. It means they still have an income over winter when there isn't much going on gardening wise.

Several gardeners do this in our area as well. It means they still have an income over winter when there isn't much going on gardening wise.
@spruce fair enough. Never heard of spreading work into a payment plan myself. Lots of external jobs can have quieter times of year. My friend is a gardener and if he has a good year he takes January and part of February off. If he doesn't then he does a bit of temping. More often than not he's fine. He and a tree surgeon I know both calculate their year by working out their income over about 40-42 workable weeks out of 52 (if you see what I mean). It's quite a good way for them to work because in those quieter weeks they aren't so worried about their income. The gardener is still fairly busy now. The tree surgeon is nearly always busy because of the amount of wind and storms we seem to get the last few years.

@spruce fair enough. Never heard of spreading work into a payment plan myself. Lots of external jobs can have quieter times of year. My friend is a gardener and if he has a good year he takes January and part of February off. If he doesn't then he does a bit of temping. More often than not he's fine. He and a tree surgeon I know both calculate their year by working out their income over about 40-42 workable weeks out of 52 (if you see what I mean). It's quite a good way for them to work because in those quieter weeks they aren't so worried about their income. The gardener is still fairly busy now. The tree surgeon is nearly always busy because of the amount of wind and storms we seem to get the last few years.
I agree.

I believe the only way we can and should work is to make the proverbial "hay while the sun shines" during summer. This way we have a bit extra to cover us for the winter months when shorter daylight hours and bad weather are more likely impact our earnings.

We should all have extra funds in the bank anyway to cover our expenses should we not be able to work for a bit for whatever reason (bad weather, van repairs, health reasons, etc.)

When we had that very bad winter back in 2011/2 that affected the east coast badly, we hardly turned a wheel for 6 weeks.

We have 2 opposite each other where we do annual gutter clear and clean, fascia, conservatory roof and all windows.

I took these on in the early days, hoping they would use me rather than their regular trad window cleaners who wouldn't do the job. They didn't.

Out of courtesy, we still do those jobs, but I won't clean do any new gutter clear, cleans or conservatory roof cleans for non customers.
We cleared gutters and did gutter, fascia and window clean on Monday and finished off yesterday.

A bit of a sad couple of days tbh. We have done these houses for nearly 18 years. The one was a family of siblings who never married but all lived together. There was Paul and his 3 sisters.

Paul's health deteriorated these past few years. They moved his room downstairs into the dining room, as he couldn't climb the stairs any longer. I was quite surprised to see him still around last year. But this year he passed away in June. His sister died in February this year with cancer. She was the most cheerful of the bunch. That leaves two, and one is very unsteady on her feet.

As I looked back over the years, I remember how active Paul was in his vegetable garden around the back, and how he used to walk for miles around the hills in our area. He still had his full mental facilities. When we started using our gutter vac with a camera, he was totally taken with it. Such a nice person to have an intelligent conversation with. He was 91 when he died. I'm rather sad both of them are no longer with us. Fond memories.

It's something I've thought about. I've got a few customers on a once every 2 month window clean that pay each month on a certain date via direct debit. It just means that it's less of a shock financially for them when it comes to cleaning day. Also, because it's every single month the payment they can budget for it really easily. It's effectively paid before I do the clean.

I'm considering offering it for conservatory roof cleans. No problem for me, I budget money very well and it's what I earn over a year, not on the day that counts. End of the year I still have the same money whether it's monthly or all at once.

The reality is that most people are pretty rubbish at finances and budgeting. If I can make it easier for them then it keeps me in business.

Back