Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another Gardiner package.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Swivels - try 'em I was fixed for years - but recant my errors they are great - easy to get into corners and whip across a window pane with little 'twist' from your wrists - try one - you may fine it's an improvement - as per Den I agree s+f+g I think fixed are better (but you can tighten the swivel pressure with a slot screw head)  uni I hear you (but tbh I feel guilty whenever a custy says oh your wasting water)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate you don’t have to make any funny body shapes lol for example you can clean a window without moving if your in a narrow alley and lots of things directly under a top or bottom window  you clean from the side and can get right in the corners of the frames and panes without over stretching or awkward angles. Please for the sake of a tenner try one out for yourself give it a week without taking it off and your wished you started using them 20 years ago ?if for some reason you don’t like it I will swapped 5 rigid gooseneck for it ?

I wouldn't be without my swivel for all the reasons Den has mentioned. I was doing a job just today in a very narrow space down the side of a large conny. It would have been very difficult without a swivel.

I did consider buying the close coupled jet hose assembly but couldn't see how it would work with the swivel so opted not to. However, looking at your review Den, I might just give one a go as it appears it does work quite well.

Mate you don’t have to make any funny body shapes lol for example you can clean a window without moving if your in a narrow alley and lots of things directly under a top or bottom window  you clean from the side and can get right in the corners of the frames and panes without over stretching or awkward angles. Please for the sake of a tenner try one out for yourself give it a week without taking it off and your wished you started using them 20 years ago ?if for some reason you don’t like it I will swapped 5 rigid gooseneck for it ?
Is this what you mean @Den

2E2579D0-BF74-43AE-8BAF-C3C0926155E0.png

I wouldn't be without my swivel for all the reasons Den has mentioned. I was doing a job just today in a very narrow space down the side of a large conny. It would have been very difficult without swivel.

I did consider buying the close coupled jet hose assembly but couldn't see how it would work with the swivel so opted not to. However, looking at your review Den, I might just give one a go as it appears it does work quite well.
Was advised by Gardiners to have 11cm pole hose from gooseneck to tee connector which I have done only cleaned my house with this new set up all worked fine ? my 26cm extreme brushes are now set up as advised will give them a good work out next week and then I will update ?

Yip that’s the one ?I have 9 poles not 8 lol with univalve and swivel forgot about my clx4 even have it on that makes a big difference ?I do have another pole 6’ footer number 10 ?it was a freebee from window cleaning warehouse when I bought my facelift compact approx 4 years ago it’s an oval shape and can’t fit a univalve And doesn’t have a swivel my family use it purely for cleaning their motors feels really odd and uncomfortable. 

This is the one I use. I prefer the swivel action to be closer to the back of the brush. Only downside is, if you use several brushes you will need one for each brush to be able to swap them over. Not a problem of course if you only use one brush.

swivel_adapter_view_2-_ggp-ang-sw-df_1.jpg

Very simple solution use a collet which will stop the hose pulling out. Had this situation with a few which I call them clumsy in jest ? They haven’t had any problems since

Very simple solution use a collet which will stop the hose pulling out. Had this situation with a few which I call them clumsy in jest ? They haven’t had any problems since
Doug - yeah that works great for the t piece push fitment but not for the jet capsules (the plasticky bits that you plug into your brush's stock which act as the jet's (it's a relatively new product no doubt cheaper to make ? ) - the clear pole hose pops out of the top of the jet capsules with the top of the jet capsules attached its' a Grrrrr moment

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/jet-capsules-quick-release-jets-for-brushes.html

Doug - yeah that works great for the t piece push fitment but not for the jet capsules (the plasticky bits that you plug into your brush's stock which act as the jet's (it's a relatively new product no doubt cheaper to make ? ) - the clear pole hose pops out of the top of the jet capsules with the top of the jet capsules attached its' a Grrrrr moment

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/jet-capsules-quick-release-jets-for-brushes.html
Mine came out like this.

01 jet.jpg

It was cased by two factors. Firstly pulling constantly on the Univalve slowly pulled my pole hose through the clamp at the top of the pole until it was too short. This was compounded by my use of a swivel and cold stiff hose pulling on the back of the jet capsule.

After mine came out the first time they started to come out more easily with each failure. The way I dealt with this was as follows.

1. Follow Gardiners recommendation to lengthen the pole hose above the pole and make sure my hose clamping method didn't slip. 

2. Lengthen the jet hoses a little. Or fit a softer 6mm OD hose. (I used aquarium airline tube.)

3. I also bent the little teeth (you can see in the picture) before reassembling the capsule. 

Granted I don't believe I should have too do this, but I do like them

I did have a univalve soon after they came out it lasted all of 6 months or so , was never a fan of it to be honest I find it far easier to pinch the hose over and stick it in the end of the pole.  I accept that you loose a bit of water when extending the pole but if I loose a gallon of water per day that’s it probably  half that in fact . With about 16 + poles it would also cost a fortune ???? and it’s something else to go wrong as I found out ???

Swivels I have never yet come across a situation where it’s needed ??? You cannot use them when doing plastic cleans or building wash downs just don’t  see the point in them 
Me to,I've just bought the green hose from Gardiner's which is great for pinching, it reminds me of this very flexible orange hose I was given when I first started but couldn't source to replace.ive been using the stiff yellow one since. I'm not sure its worth wasting 40 quid for a univalve and also fear its just something else to go wrong, I try and keep everything as simple as poss. I also use radio control for when customers are chatting ect. When it works though! 

Me to,I've just bought the green hose from Gardiner's which is great for pinching, it reminds me of this very flexible orange hose I was given when I first started but couldn't source to replace.ive been using the stiff yellow one since. I'm not sure its worth wasting 40 quid for a univalve and also fear its just something else to go wrong, I try and keep everything as simple as poss. I also use radio control for when customers are chatting ect. When it works though! 
There's a lot to be said for keeping your kit as simple as possible.

However, I do use univalves. I also do a bit of hose pinching as it's sometimes easier.

My two poles are also set up with a JG connector at the base for tubeless storage. So if a Univalve fails I can just disconnect it, slide it out of the pole and feed the remaining tube up the pole and connect it at the JG 't' piece. So far, in three+ years I've never had to do it but it would take less than a minute to do.

Like with so many things in this trade though, it's very much down to the user as to what works best for them.

Used the New close couple assembly all day yesterday along with @Skxawng hose stop no problems whatsoever I know it’s early days but so far a great combination ?

I have 2 poles, an SLX for windows and a CLX for FSG cleaning.......if anything fails I just swap them out...CLX pole hose into SLX.

Got my close coupled kit along with an Xtreme Tapertec brush. Close coupled hose kit works great with swivel but can't say I'm enamoured with the Tapertec brush at this point. I'll have to see whether that changes with regular use. I much prefer my Dupont nat hybrid Xtreme at the moment but I will give it a fair go.

20200317_142244.jpg

Personally only use the extremes now for Juliet rails, I do like the DuPont natural hybrid  extreme but does splay a bit too much if doing windows above conservatory/ extension. 

The 35cm extreme holds its shape so much more with working them sort of windows. 

I really like the DuPont Natural combo on the Xtreme. It’s a real pity Alex didn’t put it into production. I think the 26cm is a fantastic brush for small to medium sized windows which most of mine are. I can actually feel the brush working which is what I like about it. I don’t like brushes that just seem to slip over the glass with no friction.
However, I’ve only spent half a day working with the Tapertec, so it a bit too early to say whether it’ll become a favourite 

Back