Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any of the London and southeast Boys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

None of it is law its all guidance. Plenty of people have been fined gone to court and walked out paying nothing.

As for non mask wearers you don't have to wear a mask if the mask causes severe distress - as per government instruction on Gov.uk

As from the start the majority of people still cannot understand very simple instruction.

None of it is law its all guidance. Plenty of people have been fined gone to court and walked out paying nothing.

As for non mask wearers you don't have to wear a mask if the mask causes severe distress - as per government instruction on Gov.uk

As from the start the majority of people still cannot understand very simple instruction.
And there in lies the problem. To many people breaking rules and knowing very little if any punishment will happen. Even police say fines are a last resort! Gov should come down hard, very hard to make people follow rules. People not following rules are potentially killing people. This is serious 3% of people who test positive die! While 3% may seem low its still 3 people in 100 who actually die due to catching it! 

Stay safe everyone. 

Yes, mate, but surely you've seen these past months as many people as me in a shop who just look to be taking the pish,

I have seen people in the local shops with a mask on one day and not another so clearly nowt wrong with them, pop to B&M's in the village where most of the staff aren't even wearing masks and on the shop floor or they don't have to wear one when behind a a screen at the till yet there is a gaping wide gap at each end of the conveyor belt till's ?

Also those that pay with their bank card but not contactless how many times do the card machines get cleaned most likely never or once a day at most. 

Yes, mate, but surely you've seen these past months as many people as me in a shop who just look to be taking the pish,

I have seen people in the local shops with a mask on one day and not another so clearly nowt wrong with them, pop to B&M's in the village where most of the staff aren't even wearing masks and on the shop floor or they don't have to wear one when behind a a screen at the till yet there is a gaping wide gap at each end of the conveyor belt till's ?

Also those that pay with their bank card but not contactless how many times do the card machines get cleaned most likely never or once a day at most. 
Stop worrying

20201221_122455.jpg

It is very confusing but some is guidelines and some is law , traveling from tier 4 to lower tiers is law , wearing of masks is law in shops etc unless you have an exemption certificate from a registered GP , several down hear have successfully be prosecuted mainly ones down on holiday  refusing to wear them , common sense tells me something doesn’t need to be law fir ones to apply it , the legal speed limit in the motorway is 70 but only a fool would insist on driving at that speed if it were icy common sense needs to be applied by all of us at this time to protect ourselves, friends and family and strangers. To many only think of number one !!!!!!! 

Don’t think so that’s not what .gov site says , but it is all very confusing and complicated 
Unfortunately, the guidance doesn't matches the legislation.  The guidance says do not leave (or enter) tier 4 with a few exceptions but the legislation says you can if you have a reasonable excuse.  There is no definitive list of what is reasonable.

Try reading the official gov uk guidelines.

The words you must not surely means you cant.

You are only allowed to leave the place where you live for valid reasons.. don't see going for a walk as a valid reason to drive between tiers.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae
As I just mentioned, the legislation do not match what the guidance says. Legislation has a legal foundation, not the guidance.

I'm just stating the facts without giving an opinion!

Unfortunately, the guidance doesn't matches the legislation.  The guidance says do not leave (or enter) tier 4 with a few exceptions but the legislation says you can if you have a reasonable excuse.  There is no definitive list of what is reasonable.

As I just mentioned, the legislation do not match what the guidance says. Legislation has a legal foundation, not the guidance.

I'm just stating the facts without giving an opinion!
The police are actively going around holiday properties hear anyone from tiers 3-4 are asked to leave immediately and return home if they don’t then they are being prosecuted there has been a programme on the local radio station this afternoon about it , was very interesting .   

The police are actively going around holiday properties hear anyone from tiers 3-4 are asked to leave immediately and return home if they don’t then they are being prosecuted there has been a programme on the local radio station this afternoon about it , was very interesting .   
A bit like the first lockdown then!  I recall the police being very heavy-handed in Cornwall and eventually the police accepted that there was no legislation to enforce (they can't enforce guidance).  It's a mess.

It is very confusing but some is guidelines and some is law , traveling from tier 4 to lower tiers is law , wearing of masks is law in shops etc unless you have an exemption certificate from a registered GP , several down hear have successfully be prosecuted mainly ones down on holiday  refusing to wear them , common sense tells me something doesn’t need to be law fir ones to apply it , the legal speed limit in the motorway is 70 but only a fool would insist on driving at that speed if it were icy common sense needs to be applied by all of us at this time to protect ourselves, friends and family and strangers. To many only think of number one !!!!!!! 
Actually I don't need to wear a mask due to being on tablets for mental health and don't need a certificate but still wear one.

You don't actually need a certificate. 

Actually I don't need to wear a mask due to being on tablets for mental health and don't need a certificate but still wear one.

You don't actually need a certificate. 
Those that are exempt from wearing a mask by a GP are issued with a card that they should wear on a lanyard when shopping etc 

A bit like the first lockdown then!  I recall the police being very heavy-handed in Cornwall and eventually the police accepted that there was no legislation to enforce (they can't enforce guidance).  It's a mess.
There is stuff that’s law and stuff that’s guidance or advisory , they are a lot more switched in this time with what is what ???and enforcing it 

You can go on holiday from Tier 3 as long as you travel straight to the airport.
I didn't realise that, I've just looked into it and it's a bit complicated.. 

It seems you can go to the airport for a holiday, but you can't travel between areas... A bit confusing as most counties don't have their own airport. I don't see how you could pass anything on driving through an area though.. 

Those that are exempt from wearing a mask by a GP are issued with a card that they should wear on a lanyard when shopping etc 

There is stuff that’s law and stuff that’s guidance or advisory , they are a lot more switched in this time with what is what ???and enforcing it 
I don't need a gp to tell me I am exempt  

I am though  

theres no way my brother(who lives in surrey)is gonna stay put over xmas....he s coming up tomorrow(driving his own car)to stay at my mums in manchester for a few weeks and then go to my other brothers house on xmas day.......

the thing is his wife died a few months ago and he s in a fragile state really....he s been going out a lot to pubs drinking with his friends down there....also on xmas day there will be 3 people over 70 and 2 people with type 1 diabetes.........

we ve told him to get a test before he drives up........

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm not totally sure of what's enforceable and what isn't.

My understanding of the wording in the Highway Code when I was studying it years ago in preparation for the HGV test and later for the Advanced Motoring test, was that : should, or should not was advisery/guidance so not enforceable. Must, or must not was mandatory and so was enforceable.

I can't say for certain whether that was correct. And I can't say for sure whether the same terminology means the same thing with the current Chinese plague crisis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm not totally sure of what's enforceable and what isn't.

My understanding of the wording in the Highway Code when I was studying it years ago in preparation for the HGV test and later for the Advanced Motoring test, was that : should, or should not was advisery/guidance so not enforceable. Must, or must not was mandatory and so was enforceable.

I can't say for certain whether that was correct. And I can't say for sure whether the same terminology means the same thing with the current Chinese plague.
It is a mine field and changes frequently it’s difficult to keep up with it all , ???

I can't say for certain whether that was correct. And I can't say for sure whether the same terminology means the same thing with the current Chinese plague crisis.
I've done my cpc for when I did part time class 2 work to top up window cleaning. 

Must = law,  should is advisory. 

Got licence courtesy of reme.

Back