Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone else fish?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Very nice. I’m fishing tomorrow at a place called Gweneer, between Perranporth and Newquay. Hopefully I can post photos similar to yours ??
Nice one.

Finished the windows at 2 and had these 3 babies.

All on home made tiger nut and peanut boilies. 

Boilies were made from tiger nut flour(ground up tiger nuts pre cooked first), peanuts smashed up, semolina and a good splash of thai fish sauce.

Gonna be trying the tiger nut and green swim stim ones tomorrow. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. I’m fishing tomorrow at a place called Gweneer, between Perranporth and Newquay. Hopefully I can post photos similar to yours ??
Get on the coast Steve there are some very good fish about at the moment , mackerel, bass and pollack , so far the bass have been a bit elusive but the mackerel are decent size I had over 100 the other evening on light tackle and a spinner . 

Get on the coast Steve there are some very good fish about at the moment , mackerel, bass and pollack , so far the bass have been a bit elusive but the mackerel are decent size I had over 100 the other evening on light tackle and a spinner . 
Fishing with the old man, he’s already sorted everything 

Nice.

I'm having friday off as it's gonna be very hot.

A bit of surface fishing and pellet feeder with 2.3mm pellets. 
The only fresh water fishing I do  is fly fishing for  trout at a local lake , but haven’t been for some time , most of what I do is sea fishing either boat or on the rocks spinning 

The only fresh water fishing I do  is fly fishing for  trout at a local lake , but haven’t been for some time , most of what I do is sea fishing either boat or on the rocks spinning 
If i lived nearer the coast I would too.

Going to Helston later in the year so will have a go then.

I live in Helston let me know when you come down 
I think it's Helston.. going to lizard point.

Looking forward to proper cider.

Not sure when as my wife arranged it but will let you know.

Gt Yarmouth in 2 weeks then Helston after school holidays sometime 

If you are going to the lizard you will have to go through Helston , it’s a lovely spot we were working in Mullion today and again tomorrow I have never seen so many visitors !,,,,,,?????

If you are going to the lizard you will have to go through Helston , it’s a lovely spot we were working in Mullion today and again tomorrow I have never seen so many visitors !,,,,,,?????
It's all lovely round there.

My family are all dorset/hampshire way.

"Proper cider". Reminds me of when I was sitting round a campfire at St Just Rugby Field near Lands End about three years ago at The West Cornwall Sea Kayak Meet. I was having a laugh and a chat with the Cornish lads over a beer, we'd never met before. The conversations went a bit quiet and the devil was picking me to make a bit of mischief. I piped up "Hey lads! where can I get one of those nice, Cornish Ginsters pasties." Well!!... The reaction was priceless!

Excuse my lack of ability to describe the Cornish accent. But from memory the collective reply went something like this. "Ginsters! Them int proper paasties! Them's rubbish! They were quite put out that I thought Ginsters were good pasties. Of course I knew they weren't a good brand but I didn't let on. They then started telling me where I could get the real locally made " proper paasties " to put me, the poor unfortunate ignorant tourist type right in the error of my ways. We had a chuckle when I said " Now I know how to get a Cornishman spitting feathers!" All good natured humour and we had a laugh when the guys realised I'd got them. I assured them that I knew the difference between a Ginster's and the  real McCoy and I would try the real deal before I went back to Wiltshire. I did the next day and it was lovely.

I kayaked round Lands End and out to the Longships lighthouse with them the next day, and across Newlyn the following one. More laughter and merriment ensued and I think they forgave me for the wind up. ⚓?.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Proper cider". Reminds me of when I was sitting round a campfire at St Just Rugby Field near Lands End about three years ago at The West Cornwall Sea Kayak Meet. I was having a laugh and a chat with the Cornish lads over a beer, we'd never met before. The conversations went a bit quiet and the devil was picking me to make a bit of mischief. I piped up "Hey lads! where can I get one of those nice, Cornish Ginsters pasties." Well!!... The reaction was priceless!

Excuse my lack of ability to describe the Cornish accent. But from memory the collective reply went something like this. "Ginsters! Them int proper paasties! Them's rubbish! They were quite put out that I thought Ginsters were good pasties. Of course I knew they weren't a good brand but I didn't let on. They then started telling me where I could get the real locally made " proper paasties " to put me, the poor unfortunate ignorant tourist type right in the error of my ways. We had a chuckle when I said " Now I know how to get a Cornishman spitting feathers!"  I assured them that I knew the difference between a Ginster's and the  real McCoy and I would try the real deal before I went back to Wiltshire. I did the next day and it was lovely.

I kayaked round Lands End with them the next day, and across Newlyn the following one. More laughter and merriment ensued and I think they forgave me for the wind up. ⚓?.
Ate two pasties in St. Ives today. They were the nuts ?

Excuse my lack of ability to describe the Cornish accent. But from memory the collective reply went something like this. "Ginsters! Them int proper paasties! Them's rubbish! They were quite put out that I thought Ginsters were good pasties. Of course I knew they weren't a good brand but I didn't let on. They then started telling me where I could get the real locally made " proper paasties " to put me, the poor unfortunate ignorant tourist type right in the error of my ways. We had a chuckle when I said " Now I know how to get a Cornishman spitting feathers!" All good natured humour and we had a laugh when the guys realised I'd got them. I assured them that I knew the difference between a Ginster's and the  real McCoy and I would try the real deal before I went back to Wiltshire. I did the next day and it was lovely.

I kayaked round Lands End and out to the Longships lighthouse with them the next day, and across Newlyn the following one. More laughter and merriment ensued and I think they forgave me for the wind up. ⚓?.
Lol mention the name Ginsters down there and you are likely to be linched ??? horrible pasties they should be banned  , I have no idear how they are still in business, there factory is only just in Cornwall by a few hundred yards and that’s how they get away with advertisements saying they are Cornish pasties , they are a very poor imitation. 

Lol mention the name Ginsters down there and you are likely to be linched ??? horrible pasties they should be banned  , I have no idear how they are still in business, there factory is only just in Cornwall by a few hundred yards and that’s how they get away with advertisements saying they are Cornish pasties , they are a very poor imitation. 
"Lynched" Yeah! I think it was a close thing for a while. ? Now you say it, I remember the lads telling me that about the factory only just being in Cornwall. They weren't happy about the association of Ginster's with Cornwall for sure. ?

Back