Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone seen this sent in text reminder?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I see this being a problem when you're fully booked up, letting the customer change what day. Might be worth a revisit at that stage.
Times change! At the moment it works well for me. That won't change overnight but as my round builds i'll adapt accordingly if i start to notice certain days become more in demand than others etc.

I don't want dirty cash these days, bewildered as to why some still want to use cash apart from the older folks who are inherently used to cash, direct debit been my biggest slice of payments, I won't allow custys to dictate what day I am calling it's my way or the highway,
Cash is king. Once i've got it, i don't need to chase up, send reminders, do invoices etc. I absolutely loathe all that and am **** at doing electronic money anyway - my budgeting skills are completely borked. Yes cash is dirty and that's why i wash it. The new polymer / plastic notes are designed to survive the washing machine so soap and water won't hurt them. After that i then stick them in disinfectant. Coins get the same treatment. I don't accept the money directly in my hand either, i always collect it in a plastic bag or a glove. When i'm ready to wash it i just empty it all out into the sink and give it a good going at. On the odd occassion i even keep a plastic container full of disinfectant in the car. Failing that.. alcohol gel all over the money. The paper £20 notes don't get the soap but they still go in the disinfectant and then over the radiator to dry.

As for dictating what day.. your way may work in your area and as you've a large enough round you can get away with it. At my size and in my area i can't really do that so it's easier for me to remind them on the saturday and then negotiate it from there. I very rarely get anyone reply asking for a certain day anyway but on the odd occasion it's just a few texts - no major drama. It keeps my valued custys sweet and more importantly stops me getting cancelled.

As for dictating what day.. your way may work in your area and as you've a large enough round you can get away with it. At my size and in my area i can't really do that so it's easier for me to remind them on the saturday and then negotiate it from there. I very rarely get anyone reply asking for a certain day anyway but on the odd occasion it's just a few texts - no major drama. It keeps my valued custys sweet and more importantly stops me getting cancelled.
I really don't see how this works for anyone apart from trades that need access into peoples home, I have been trading over 20 years and haven't once offered a suitable day for a clean, I turn up and clean I won't have custys dictate to me even when I only had a days work a week over 20 years ago, if you are worried about getting dropped because they don't want you there on a given day then they ain't worth having. 

You have been on here and cleaning long enough to have a 100+ custys and well over to be able to have plenty of work and be more hard line with people. 

Back