Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone tried Jack Bedding's canvassing or training?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not tried him. Not overly impressed with his sales pitch though. £200,000 in 20 years as a professional canvasser, but he was closing £2,000 per week? At that rate it should be taking him 2 years. Wonder what was going on for the other 18 years.

Not looking to be negative, just seems like his canvassing might be more focussed on us, not the customers.

He wants £80 for an hours training. Look him up on linked in etc, see if his reputation precedes him. If he has helped people previously to develop some basic sales skills and can be trusted then £80 is well worth a punt. You would find however that the advice, skills and sales techniques provided are likely available on YouTube for free, you just have to know where to look.

The first thing that would put me off is 'mafia' in his business name - doesn't conjure up a nice friendly person that will help - more a gang of people trying to extort money from you 😁

Have a good look on youtube - try and find uk sources.

I'm of the opinion that trying to persuade people to take your services isn't a good plan for window cleaning as we want regular work. I think pressurising people on the doorstep will probably lead to lots of 1 off cleans as they cancel after the first time. It's not like doorstop selling where you just want to sell poor quality stuff for vastly inflated prices, get your money and get away asap. You want people/customers who want you to clean their windows not ones who just say yes to get rid of you.

The first thing that would put me off is 'mafia' in his business name - doesn't conjure up a nice friendly person that will help - more a gang of people trying to extort money from you 😁

Have a good look on youtube - try and find uk sources.

I'm of the opinion that trying to persuade people to take your services isn't a good plan for window cleaning as we want regular work. I think pressurising people on the doorstep will probably lead to lots of 1 off cleans as they cancel after the first time. It's not like doorstop selling where you just want to sell poor quality stuff for vastly inflated prices, get your money and get away asap. You want people/customers who want you to clean their windows not ones who just say yes to get rid of you.
Well said. I appreciate you taking the time and thank you for the advice.

Not tried him. Not overly impressed with his sales pitch though. £200,000 in 20 years as a professional canvasser, but he was closing £2,000 per week? At that rate it should be taking him 2 years. Wonder what was going on for the other 18 years.

Not looking to be negative, just seems like his canvassing might be more focussed on us, not the customers.
Good point 👍 although obvious now, the inconsistency of the pitch didn't flag red to me at the time. Thanks a lot 🙏

He wants £80 for an hours training. Look him up on linked in etc, see if his reputation precedes him. If he has helped people previously to develop some basic sales skills and can be trusted then £80 is well worth a punt. You would find however that the advice, skills and sales techniques provided are likely available on YouTube for free, you just have to know where to look.

Duly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time. Will do 👍

Hi,
Currently in East Sussex, in a lovely little town called Bexhill on Sea. May I ask why?
Nice! I lived in Bexhill for 25 years. May I ask your name? We might know each other...

The reason I ask is I am trying to promote my new business of canvassing for window cleaners but Bexhill is a little too far from Hayes, Middlesex which is where I live.

Nice! I lived in Bexhill for 25 years. May I ask your name? We might know each other...

The reason I ask is I am trying to promote my new business of canvassing for window cleaners but Bexhill is a little too far from Hayes, Middlesex which is where I live.
I know London isn’t far from you but are you sure there is enough work if your catchment doesn’t cover an hour and a half’s drive? We have adverts regularly from cancassijg companies all over. It’s quite a niche market so unless you’re planning to canvass for multiple business types it seems like you may need to cast your net a little wider?

At the moment my catchment area is London, Surrey & Berkshire. It's more about the going rate of cleaning a house. I can't justify going to Wales when a 3 bed semi is only worth £10-£15 per clean. In my area I can get £30-£35 for a 3 bed semi. If I could get that up north I would go for 3 or 4 days canvassing but they would never pay it. Plus, this is a new venture for me and you always have to start small and grow progressively. At the moment I'm not using a canvassing team, I am the canvasser - personal touch.

Back