Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4 - 5 storeys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Siimon

What kind of prices are people achieving working at these heights, seeing as the poles are costing over a thousand pounds. I'm just about to invest at this height. If you have this experience it would be much appreciated. /emoticons/smile.png

Before you buy a 60ft pole I would suggest if you can try cleaning a 5 storey building first with another window cleaner then you may change yer mind.

Wouldn't touch em mate, not at my time of life, 3 storey high enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive got a gardener 47ft an 5 story is easy i use a stiff mono brush an rinse on the glass im thinking of geting a 60ft next im a yung gun tho 30 years old some older people may strugle not bing funny or anything but u no what im saying:)

Thanks Smurf. Don't really want to go over 4 storey but if a management company want it, it's hard to say no! someone will just take the rest of the work. Do u charge more Tench. I use gardiners and was thinking of the high mod 47. Perhaps I can earn more just sticking to semi's /emoticons/smile.png))

Yep I would struggle to be honest and also don't like the idea of having to stand in a road either to reach them /emoticons/biggrin.png

ive got a gardener 47ft an 5 story is easy i use a stiff mono brush an rinse on the glass im thinking of geting a 60ft next im a yung gun tho 30 years old some older people may strugle not bing funny or anything but u no what im saying:)

Just been reading tenchys feed I'd be happy with fiver a window (min £15) on my work. I could not read the feeds! software must of changed my iphone, I can only read when phone is on landscape now otherwise half the text disappears.

On those prices smurf I'd just as well sell the big issue. /emoticons/smile.png) I will price the work fairy high then invest in poles , then get my young lads to do it /emoticons/smile.png

On those prices smurf I'd just as well sell the big issue. /emoticons/smile.png) I will price the work fairy high then invest in poles , then get my young lads to do it /emoticons/smile.png
5 storey work is relatively straightforward if you use the right gear. I use an Xtreme47 for this work and find it to be well within what I can handle.

What to charge?

I never charge per window or so much per level per window - I always work my commercial pricing out on time. I know that if a run of windows on the 2nd floor would take me 10 minutes to clean on the 5th storey it would probably take me 14 minutes to clean. I use a single hourly rate and then price according to the time the job will take me. Exceptions would be with very difficult access situations.

50p per window may not sound a lot but if you have a run of 200 windows all on the same level then £100 can sound pretty good.

Thanks Smurf. Don't really want to go over 4 storey but if a management company want it, it's hard to say no! someone will just take the rest of the work. Do u charge more Tench. I use gardiners and was thinking of the high mod 47. Perhaps I can earn more just sticking to semi's /emoticons/smile.png))
i charge buy how long the job takes me or how aquad it is its easy cleaning high like alex saie rite tools an ur ok all tho an extream pole would cost a lot super max is fine for 5 story

Cheers for all that advice I think I will need the extreme at my age /emoticons/smile.png) every ounce helps!

ill b geting a 45ft an a 18ft china classic £440 plus inport tax i no to people who have them an nop probs at all just had to reglue a few clamps wich is prity normal, then i may get a gardener super max 50 an get a few extenshions to take it to 60? nots shore yet im not keen on the moduler poles i like a quick set up time wip pole out an extend nce an quick ,i wander if i can add sections to my super max 47ft compact its the old type ive had it for 5/nearly 6 years doesnt get used a lot thats y its still going lol

Or use a sub contractor that needs the work regardless how poorly paid the work is.

The big companies can go in low as they pay £7 an hour to an employee to do it

Back