Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone working today?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

After waking up and looking at the forecast, I rolled over and asked can I take the day off today Ryan? “Yes you can Ryan” (and that’s not me in bed with another bloke called Ryan Btw)  Yeh decided not to work today, but used the time very wisely, got all my 2019-20 accounts together, took about 3 hours, but all done & sent off to my accountant. Then the rain stopped about 4, so went down the park with 2 mates for some shooting practice ⚽️ 

But looking at the weather maps, Dorset missed the worst of it maybe, it only rained from about 12-4pm here but was very heavy at times. Respect to those in the midlands who worked through. 

After waking up and looking at the forecast, I rolled over and asked can I take the day off today Ryan? “Yes you can Ryan” (and that’s not me in bed with another bloke called Ryan Btw)  Yeh decided not to work today, but used the time very wisely, got all my 2019-20 accounts together, took about 3 hours, but all done & sent off to my accountant. Then the rain stopped about 4, so went down the park with 2 mates for some shooting practice ⚽️ 

But looking at the weather maps, Dorset missed the worst of it maybe, it only rained from about 12-4pm here but was very heavy at times. Respect to those in the midlands who worked through. 
Have you not thought about using quick books? Once you’ve got it setup it basically does all your book keeping for you bar reviewing a few transactions then all’s you have to do is pass your account t on to your accountant when it’s tax return time. You could have had another three hours in bed?

Not saying the cold doesn't lower your immune system as I don't know but google wim hoff.. he is immune to everything and has proved it in labs all from immersing himself in icy water and cold showers etc and breathing techniques. 

I do it with freezing showers daily and never get ill.
Me and my wife use the Wim Hoff methods breathing and so on or did to condition or selves when we first got into cold water dipping it's a mind over matter thing and a freezing cold shower or going into water that is 11c or below is easy enough once you know how, we still do the breathing when we initially get in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh decided not to work today, but used the time very wisely, got all my 2019-20 accounts together, took about 3 hours, but all done & sent off to my accountant.
I'm the same I never keep up to date as much as I should, so I've now set a reminder on my phone for each month when I know my bank statements are in so I can do the previous months invoices. 

Not much stops me from working but it was impossible yesterday....constant heavy rain for hours!I did an hour in it....sat in the van for another hour then sacked it off!I cant remember the last time that happened and I worked all the way through the lockdown....

So £54 for an hours work...no record days for me!on the plus side I managed to fix my diesel heater problem.....I just needed to swap out a fuse holder with a new one..its working fine again now.....?

I'll be working a bit harder today than I normally do on a friday but no way am I working a sat!I haven't for years now!?

Back