Aquadapter/pole Maintenance?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, Mar 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

for the last couple of weeks i have been struggling with the action of the aquadapter and been cursing it but still no matter how much of a pain its been still easier than my old method of a tap.

what it was doing was not switching on when i wanted, but as soon as i would catch the orange pipe on something or a twist in it would catch whilst extending the pole 110% there would be absolutely no doubt it would fire water everywhere, but then you try and switch the fecker off again!!! anyhoo i took the pipe out of the T piece and turned the water on blasted it in the carriage and sprung loaded lug that actuates the star wheel and used a spare brush to scrub at it.........its like new again and my stress levels are back to normal.......give it a go and you'll be pleased

as for the pole.....stripped it, cleaned it adjusted all the clamps and the amount of **** that came off it was just unbelievable, and its only a couple of months old. the feel of it now is again like brand new and i will perform this basic maintenance every 2 weeks at least maybe every weekend.

do it you know they're worth it :D

Advertisement
  2. Aqua-dapter

Aqua-dapter Active Member

Exactly what we suggest. Good to hear!

Paul

3. mark m

mark m Hero

4. keir

keir Guru

absolute class that mark :D i bet if one of your custys drove by while your stood at the stream they wouldn't have a clue what you're doing? "hiya bob, erm yeah just giving the brush a clean......just on my way to your house in a mo....stick the kettle on ****" hahaha class mate
    i like the spray too

5. petehughesy

petehughesy Active Member

I've had the mk3 one for just over a month and love it.....but I've gone from a on off switch on the top if my back pack to a aquadapter and I'm saving loads of water it's crazy!!!

6. keir

keir Guru

yep, they are brilliant. i could not do without it.

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

i was experiencing some problems with my aquadapter when i first got it, ie hose kinking, turning itself on while extending pole, hose kinking, aquadapter not turning on/off when tugging, hose kinking. and hose kinking more... i did give it a clean in a soapy bucket of water and it seems to have helped a bit.. hose can be annoying sometimes, but just need to disconnect untangle and connect up again..

now my aquadapter if wobbly and loose at the 2 rivets on the bottom, moves quite a bit...

i also give me poles a service usually about every month..

8. keir

keir Guru

drill 'em out and re-rivet, when the little spring loaded lug that actuates the star wheel had seized i was gonna drill the rivets out and either fix or upgrade the spring then re-rivet, but remembered paul said to just clean out with pure water and all will be good, he obviously knows his ****

9. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

i may just pop 1 more rivet in to stop it moving instead of drilling them 2 out as that will prob start wobbling again over time, with 3 it shouldnt let it wobble..

10. essex boy

essex boy Active Member

I clean my poles every night. When I get in I extend each section and just run a hose over them and then clean the pole hose and run water through the middle of the pole. I clean the brush, my hoses, Basically everything.

Once a week I clean everything thoroughly. I still have my first glass fibre streamline pole which is 4 years old and like new. I don't use it but I figure its my living so keep everything clean.

Sad I know

Advertisement