Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm just not sure what to do. I feel I NEED to go out to work. I'll be honest, I don't need the money I'm comfortable thank god I'm a saver. It's really strange. SHOULD we be going out to work if we don't have to? My mother has COPD so I'm worried about her. I'm honestly at a loss what to do.
Don't risk it then, imagine the consequences, no brainer

I'm just not sure what to do. I feel I NEED to go out to work. I'll be honest, I don't need the money I'm comfortable thank god I'm a saver. It's really strange. SHOULD we be going out to work if we don't have to? My mother has COPD so I'm worried about her. I'm honestly at a loss what to do.
I think we're different, as long as we follow the advice, assuming the advice is correct. We don't need to come into contact and for the next 3 months I'm not taking cash. Would prefer to lose a bit of money then endanger family.

No one knows for certain we won't catch it because at some time, be it food shopping etc, we will come into contact in a potential infected area.

I think we're different, as long as we follow the advice, assuming the advice is correct. We don't need to come into contact and for the next 3 months I'm not taking cash. Would prefer to lose a bit of money then endanger family.

No one knows for certain we won't catch it because at some time, be it food shopping etc, we will come into contact in a potential infected area.

Think they've forecast 70-80% of the worlds population is going to get it. What all this self isolation is about is trying to slow it down to give the NHS a chance to treat everyone without bottle necking ? 

It a risk even if you stay at home.

Let's say a supermarket worker who gets infected, doesn't actually know because there are no tests. Stacks the shelves touches products you buy the product, touch it and touch your face you could get infected. 

i've decided after today that's me finished for the next few weeks/maybe months, we as window cleaners lead solitary lives not really having contact with customers which is ideal and makes you feel very safe which is true but, whilst i'm pretty much safe my wife has copd which in the normal day to day normality is easy to cope with driving around today theres so many cockwombles having takeaway brews mass groups just chatting all being close together older people not giving a flying f*** .

last Monday I cleaned a house where I go inside and clean the bedroom window, no problem I thought come Wednesday I felt dizzy and light headed, I e mailed them to ask about any illnesses and it turns out the daughter came back from new Zealand and shortly afterwards they all had some illness could be corona who knows but imaging if it was and how many people in those three days I could have passed this onto, it really brings it home guys and its not really funny anymore 

Thankfully today I had two country estate houses with no one in residence, hoping the government will just deal with it n shut us all down. 

On one hand I feel we can carry on,as long as you don't communicate directly, I've got a good few bungalows with older people n the work is due, so feel I could do them,few of them pay online. Those that pay in cash, I would tell them I will get it in 3 months unless family can pay online, as windows are going to be filthy n they will probably try n do it themselves n fall of their step n break a hip,then get Corona virus in hospital.  Thought about printing off an a4 in large letters that they can read through the window.

Do you want windows cleaned? ( shout n gestureThumbs up/down)

Pay online

Will collect money in 3 months,don't worry about it.

Possible rain where I work tomorrow so just a normal isolation day for me anyway. Then see what the game is. Take care everyone. 

I'm just not sure what to do. I've cancelled all interior cleans for the foreseable future & started to wear gloves at all times. Custys on the inside,me on the outside, so all good there, it's the cash handling that concerns me. Even with gloves on I'm getting the custy to drop the cash into a plastic sealed bag that I carry (correct payment only). I'm even carrying spray bleach for my gloves. There's a COBRA meeting at present, I'm just hoping Boris puts the whole of UK on lockdown & be done with it. The stress ain't good for my asthma guys. Working on the North East coast today you'd think it was a bank holiday. car parks busy & que at a food truck. So much for social distancing , morons. Anyway, however you play it guys, stay safe.

I wear screwfix Site nitrile gloves all the time,quite pricey,but I like them mostly,sometimes the gloves are of decent quality n sometimes not as good,but fairly tough. I was told that the virus doesn't survive on cardboard,but does on most other surfaces,don't know if that's fake news.

A thought I had for cash payers is to post a new bank bag or those small brown envelopes,for them to throw at you or leave at front door. Then stick money bags in another bag, but since they touched the bag you would have to sterilise hands between jobs. Or use a pair of tongs to lift n stick in bag? BACS is better.

Today I just had a bucked with washing up liquid and zoflora and water mixed together and got all to put cash and coins into bucket with my outstretched arm. 

Most of my custys pay via BACS, it's just seems to be the older one's stuck in their  ways. That generation didn't like any form of debt, even owing the windy money is debt to them. Cash is normally king, just not at the minute. Just heard Boris's statement is at 8.30 this eve. Won't be texting tomorrow's custys till know the outcome.

just close for the foreseeable future mate, i'm not one for conspiracy theories or for panicking but for the whole health of our nation you should be closing down for the moment look, even the local drug dealer has bought a lawn mower and is mowing lawns at a fiver a pop, even cannabis is in short supply at the moment, we are doomed I know but we should be buckling down as of now

Today I just had a bucked with washing up liquid and zoflora and water mixed together and got all to put cash and coins into bucket with my outstretched arm. 
don't add anything to zoflora mate just water and that is it

just close for the foreseeable future mate, i'm not one for conspiracy theories or for panicking but for the whole health of our nation you should be closing down for the moment look, even the local drug dealer has bought a lawn mower and is mowing lawns at a fiver a pop, even cannabis is in short supply at the moment, we are doomed I know but we should be buckling down as of now
Very true mate, think you might be right.

Latest Posts

Back