Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Avoiding slow RO production

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Priced a DIY rig using the above frame and the price comes out at £1284

Breakdown in pdf.

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/water-fed-poles/fully-fitted-van-systems/pure-freedom-fully-fitted-water-fed-pole-systems-1125.html

The hard water version of the above system is £2500 on ebay and pure freedom 40 RO is about £600 + 2x20 RO pre filters.

Expecting the above soft system to be 18-£1900

WCW Facelift 2 man DI 650L = £2095

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/facelift-van-mounted-systems.html

Fitting is extra with the facelift, probably same with PF as well.

Going to email and get prices and fitting costs tomorrow.

Gone fookin square eyed now...:specs

DIY 2 man 650L DI.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheers Spruce, got to admit, I had overlooked ebay classified / auction for vans...:oops:

Bit of a trek for me that citroen, doing a local search now and creating a shortlist.

So far found an 07 80k transit for 4200 /emoticons/smile.png

Also found an LGV maxus 10 plate for 2700 - I've driven a maxus before though...:puke::rofl:

Cheers Spruce, got to admit, I had overlooked ebay classified / auction for vans...:oops:Bit of a trek for me that citroen, doing a local search now and creating a shortlist.

So far found an 07 80k transit for 4200 /emoticons/smile.png

Also found an LGV maxus 10 plate for 2700 - I've driven a maxus before though...:puke::rofl:

This is the best mwb van I've seen in a while. The 2 of us manage OK out of a SWB with 650 liters but its a bit tight at the back doors when we both arrive back at the same time. Not that a mwb or a lwb will change that though. A longer wheel base will give you the option of putting a gutter vac and generator in later if you expand in that direction. We don't have the room for that in my van, or the payload either.

I think that the only van I would steer away from is a LDV. Resale valve will always be a question at the end of the day, but at least some vans are more sort after second hand than others. I've noted some really cheap, low mileage Post Office LDV's for sale recently, so even the trade are wary of them selling.

A longer wheel base will give you the option of putting a gutter vac and generator in later if you expand in that direction. We don't have the room for that in my van, or the payload either.
Yeah TBH thats what I'm thinking, better to buy once and keep it for a good few years instead of outgrowing it.

It is a good buy though by the looks of it.

BTW - I've been self employed before, can't remember if expenses are

allowable if bought before registering as self employed?

I can ring HMRC helpline if no one is sure.

For various reasons don't want to register self employed for a week or 2.

Yeah TBH thats what I'm thinking, better to buy once and keep it for a good few years instead of outgrowing it.It is a good buy though by the looks of it.

BTW - I've been self employed before, can't remember if expenses are

allowable if bought before registering as self employed?

I can ring HMRC helpline if no one is sure.

For various reasons don't want to register self employed for a week or 2.
If I remember correctly, you have 3 months to register your business with the Receiver.

So yes they are claimable. You can also 'bring in' any equipment you bought previously. You just have to give it a reasonable value. So if you had a van with a market value of £2000 and you bought it into your business with a value of £10,000, the Receiver would get very excited if they did an inspection.

If I remember correctly, you have 3 months to register your business with the Receiver.
So yes they are claimable. You can also 'bring in' any equipment you bought previously. You just have to give it a reasonable value. So if you had a van with a market value of £2000 and you bought it into your business with a value of £10,000, the Receiver would get very excited if they did an inspection.
Agree, don't fancy lester pigotts old room.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Seriously though I've always found HMRC to be helpful, they even

pointed out some unclaimed tax relief from a previous year that I'd missed

last time I was SE.

Thats why I want to be purely direct debit / card etc.

Mainly cash handlers that get more attention.

I've noted some really cheap, low mileage Post Office LDV's for sale recently, so even the trade are wary of them selling.
Missed this before - top tip - steer well clear of ex royal mail vans.

Used to work for them, vans are absolutely hammered and go down farm tracks etc.

Worst one I ever saw was a connect with split chassis cross members

that had to be welded (on a 3 yr old connect...).

They aren't as great on maintenance as you might think either...

DIY build using all new parts from WCW = £1540 inc vat + local garage fitting frame.

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/attachments/diy-2-man-650l-di-pdf.6812/

Pure freedom 2 man DI 650L = £2181 inc fitting + VAT

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/water-fed-poles/fully-fitted-van-systems/pure-freedom-fully-fitted-water-fed-pole-systems-1125.html

WCW Facelift 2 man DI 650L = £2932 inc fitting + VAT

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/facelift-van-mounted-systems.html

Added to any of the above systems would be £825 inc vat:

2x claber reels + hose

1x CLX 22

1x SLX 35

Misc sundries not accounted for (fittings, bedliner etc for DIY build mainly)

On the van front found a nice well priced source of

ex BT Vivaro's - wide choice as well - still weighing up if its better to buy

newer right now or get an older van to start.

Sensible option is probably DIY build and 3K van = £5325 ish inc hoses & poles.

Money is not that big a problem though, in which case BT vivaro + PF fitted

system = £8500 ish inc hoses & poles, near enough double, decisions decisions...

Once the DIY fitting time and extra sundries is factored in the PF fitted

does look bloody good value really, but is it sensible fitting it to an older van - probably not...

I've got the pricier option sorted - better start scouring ebay to see what

kind of van 1.5-2k will buy.

Edit - more like 2-3k.

Still got a local commercial auction to check out as well (ex fleet, lease, NHS etc.)

Missed this before - top tip - steer well clear of ex royal mail vans.Used to work for them, vans are absolutely hammered and go down farm tracks etc.

Worst one I ever saw was a connect with split chassis cross members

that had to be welded (on a 3 yr old connect...).

They aren't as great on maintenance as you might think either...
We have a Royal Mail depot not far from us and some of those vans are in a right state - not very old either.

In the trade we always believed that the old BT vans were good value for money even although they were blue in those days. They mostly had one owner who was responsible and accountable for its care. They also were reasonably low mileage vans as well.

We have a Royal Mail depot not far from us and some of those vans are in a right state - not very old either.
In the trade we always believed that the old BT vans were good value for money even although they were blue in those days. They mostly had one owner who was responsible and accountable for its care. They also were reasonably low mileage vans as well.
Completely agree - found a selection of 07 plate ex BT vivs with

48-72k for 5500, all mint.

Royal mail did try bringing in van ownership for each driver - didn't work

due to nature of job.

They do have trackers and driver behaviour monitoring now,

so may have improved - I still wouldn't chance it due to rural use.

Back