Avoiding slow RO production

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Soap, May 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Soap

Soap Newcomer

First post, crackin forum with loads of info and lots of helpful windies here :)
    Done quite a bit of research already, can't find any specific info on avoiding slow RO production though.

I can't have a static tank, and don't want to leave van hooked up to tap for 2-6 hrs or longer
    due to RO bottleneck.
    500 L per day should do, if not replace twin 250's with twin 350's.
    The Idea I had (probably already been done) was to have a twin tank van mount setup (Transit / Vivaro):

Tank 1: 250 L - labeled "Pure Water" - mounted across loadspace + flush to bulkhead.
    Tank 2: 250 L - labeled "Tap Water" - mounted across loadspace + flush to pure tank.

Tap tank feeds RO - RO feeds pure tank (booster pumps or normal shureflo to feed RO?)
    Waste - a 3rd tank maybe or recycle back to tap tank?

End of day - fill tap water tank - next morning pure tank is full, then refill tap tank again.
    So on a 250L at 12lpm thats roughly 20 mins refill at start and end of day.
    The tap tank should keep pace with the pure tank if its a 2020 or maybe 4040 RO?

I live in a soft water area (not checked TDS yet) so I may get away with DI only,
    but the twin tank RO idea would still cut down on resin costs in the long run or as a retro fit later on.

Any ideas on the above, would it work, or am I way off track?
    Cheers for any help :)

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome @soap:thumbsup:

First thing you should do is buy a tds meter and test your tap water

Second one down the page HM Digital TDS-3 Handheld Meter With Carrying Case http://www.daqua.co.uk/testmeters.htm

3. Soap

Soap Newcomer

Cheers for the welcome :)
    Agree, may not even need RO, thanks for the direct link, I'll order it
    now.

I'll post back when it turns up.

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

really check tds coming from ro i recently done experiment of running water thru ro again and man it aint good slws priduction down and tds shoots up
    i have a 650 tank and i have it hooked up for aound 4 hours a night why do u not want to hook up for such a period

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If your tap water is low then you don't need to use an RO at all.
    Let us know what it is when you've tested it :thumbsup:

6. Keir999

Keir999 Active Member

Peter, what RO do you use please (Link if you'd be so kind) and is it expensive to buy and maintain ? Im using a small RO with 2 10" filters and a 10" resin housing. Takes absolutely hours and hours and hours to fill my 1000 litre tank in the garden lol. I need to upgrade cause if I get changed to a water meter my bills will go through the fookin roof !

7. peter rogers

8. peter rogers

ro ready to go 360 inluding vat

ad 2 filter 20nich boys 1 carbon 1 sediment and throw a di on after the tank water going into my tank is 002ppm coming from di its 000pm of course :D

9. Soap

Soap Newcomer

#9 Soap, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Cheers that rules out recycling through RO then.
    As for 4 hr hook up - I live in a terraced house on a narrow road with door opening onto pavement (no rear access either).
    I'd have to leave van flush to front door with hose through SLD - not good for 4 hours :)

Again, agreed.
    I'm jumping the gun without TDS, as you say that is the logical first step.
    Meter on order, will post back with results, guessing it will show up thurs / fri :)

BTW - cheers for that daqua link, like the price of their DIY soft water kits.

10. Calvin

Calvin Member

Nothing wrong with doing this. Sounds like my system. Takes about 2 days to fill my 1000 litre IBC tank in the garage. I'm on a water meter and my bill has only gone up by about £6 a week. Which is nothing considering how much more work I can do now I'm wfp instead of trad :)

Advertisement