Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

have one last question, i plan to order my most of my stuff in the next couple of days,

im thinking about getting a hose extension from the pack to the pole, which one should i get?

Most use pole hose or microbore either 6 or 8mm to go from a backpack to the pole, you can just use pole hose if you want it’s light and cheap probably 15-20. Meters or so would probably do you . If the backpack is on s trolly
oooo amazing thanks and which fittings should i order?

oooo amazing thanks and which fittings should i order?
Most seam to use Rectus 21 fittings you will need a couple of male and female fittings and a few two ear clamps to crimp on the hose to hold the fittings in place, if you are unsure you can phone Gardiner’s and leave a message and they will phone you back they are very helpful

can someone check this and let me no if I'm missing anything, don't want to make another thread for it.
These are the main parts other thing i have is a hozelock to male plug and a few extra jet capsules to try out
1708941057447.png1708941074987.png

can someone check this and let me no if I'm missing anything, don't want to make another thread for it.
These are the main parts other thing i have is a hozelock to male plug and a few extra jet capsules to try out
View attachment 29723View attachment 29724
You haven't got any hose clamps listed - to secure the ez snap connectors to the hose extension. Check the diameter of the hose and buy a few clamps - spares are good to have especially when they are cheap.

Most seam to use Rectus 21 fittings you will need a couple of male and female fittings and a few two ear clamps to crimp on the hose to hold the fittings in place, if you are unsure you can phone Gardiner’s and leave a message and they will phone you back they are very helpful
I buy the 6mm diameter rectus fittings no need for O clips then as the 5mm od pole hose fits very tightly over them after dipping the pole hose in hot water

So I am planning to start-up very soon, I have some work ready to learn etc and push forward.

I will be working out of the car to start as while I have funds to spare a van isn't on the cards currently.

I am ready after all the advice on here to get my kit but the backpack is sold out and has moved to mid march over night,

are there other backpacks that I can swap to or have I got other options?

I will be buying a CLX 22 as currently I have no tall buildings lined up but will be buying the extension if needed.
Both a flocked and medium soft 26cm sill brush's.

any advice is appreciated
@Spookals I have both the Gardiner and the big boy from window cleaning warehouse. Both are great. The Gardiner one has a deeper sieve where you pour the water in (so less splashback when you're filling it), and the speed control slightly better. The big boy though I like very much as I like the handle is slightly off to the side (personal preference but I find it makes it a bit easier to lift in and out of a vehicle) and is also slightly easier to see from the side what the water level is. Of the two the Gardiner probably just wins for me. Plus Gardiner's customer service is very responsive and their staff are always lovely. People moan that they don't have a phone number but a couple of times I've needed to speak to them they have called back very quickly. Best of luck with your work buddy ?.

View attachment 29723View attachment 29724
The backpack should come with a female ezy snap fitting but might just pay to check as that will need one as well I would order 2 male fittings and 2 x female ones as you will need male fitting for the pole , and male and female for the pole hose and a female for the backpack hose

I found they pulled off using cold water ,maybe ime heavy handed ??? with hot water they blow off easily so just crimp all fittings now
Not had any issues at all with cold the ultra-flex hose is better than previous hoses,

Not sure about heavy-handed, but you've definitely got an issue with your index finger and that emoji :sneaky:

The backpack should come with a female ezy snap fitting but might just pay to check as that will need one as well I would order 2 male fittings and 2 x female ones as you will need male fitting for the pole , and male and female for the pole hose and a female for the backpack hose
@Spookals the window cleaning warehouse backpack comes with a female hozelock type connector fitted, but it isn't a very good quality one. The Gardiner one you pick which one and they can fit it for you, or have it separately. On both of mine I have female rectus (Gardiner called them EZ Snap) and on my pole hose it's male fitting counterpart. Do yourself a favour and buy a RecProtek connector from Rootek Designs. It's like a reinforced capsule that goes over the top of the rectus fittings to protect them and they are absolutely brilliant. You can get them from eBay. I've had mine on since last July I think and my fittings are still like new.

@Spookals the window cleaning warehouse backpack comes with a female hozelock type connector fitted, but it isn't a very good quality one. The Gardiner one you pick which one and they can fit it for you, or have it separately. On both of mine I have female rectus (Gardiner called them EZ Snap) and on my pole hose it's male fitting counterpart. Do yourself a favour and buy a RecProtek connector from Rootek Designs. It's like a reinforced capsule that goes over the top of the rectus fittings to protect them and they are absolutely brilliant. You can get them from eBay. I've had mine on since last July I think and my fittings are still like new.
We already use them they are very good

Latest Posts

Back