Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spookals

So I am planning to start-up very soon, I have some work ready to learn etc and push forward.

I will be working out of the car to start as while I have funds to spare a van isn't on the cards currently.

I am ready after all the advice on here to get my kit but the backpack is sold out and has moved to mid march over night,

are there other backpacks that I can swap to or have I got other options?

I will be buying a CLX 22 as currently I have no tall buildings lined up but will be buying the extension if needed.
Both a flocked and medium soft 26cm sill brush's.

any advice is appreciated

The Gardiners backpack is a good one. It has a built in flow controller. Most other backpacks/sprayers are just single speed.

I would hang on until stocks come in if I were you.

If you keep the battery fully charged at the end of each working day, they last a long time. I purchased ours on the 16th June 2016 and it's used most days by my son and still going strong. Today he cleaned 4 houses with it rather than using his hose reel.

So I am planning to start-up very soon, I have some work ready to learn etc and push forward.

I will be working out of the car to start as while I have funds to spare a van isn't on the cards currently.

I am ready after all the advice on here to get my kit but the backpack is sold out and has moved to mid march over night,

are there other backpacks that I can swap to or have I got other options?

I will be buying a CLX 22 as currently I have no tall buildings lined up but will be buying the extension if needed.
Both a flocked and medium soft 26cm sill brush's.

any advice is appreciated
Fairplay spooks on the start up,how are you aqquiring your pure water?as spruce says hold out to march if you can for the gardiners backpack.

As tench has said get a wee trolley to cardy the backpack do not carry it lol an becareful with barrels in the car they could do serious damage in a crash if not secured.

Fairplay spooks on the start up,how are you aqquiring your pure water?as spruce says hold out to march if you can for the gardiners backpack.

As tench has said get a wee trolley to cardy the backpack do not carry it lol an becareful with barrels in the car they could do serious damage in a crash if not secured.

For water I am quite lucky, I have a spotless water station 5 minutes from my flat. Also have one 2 minutes from my current full time job.

Trolley is already decided Costco have a very solid sack truck that I can also use like a small flat bed. Be helpful if on a bigger job I can load up a barrel or two along the back pack to save constant trips to and from the car.

I want to hold out for the Gardiner as only heard good things but I also want to get stuck in now and get learning and practicing so when the good weather lands I am good to go and I can start canvassing.

For water I am quite lucky, I have a spotless water station 5 minutes from my flat. Also have one 2 minutes from my current full time job.

Trolley is already decided Costco have a very solid sack truck that I can also use like a small flat bed. Be helpful if on a bigger job I can load up a barrel or two along the back pack to save constant trips to and from the car.

I want to hold out for the Gardiner as only heard good things but I also want to get stuck in now and get learning and practicing so when the good weather lands I am good to go and I can start canvassing.

Once you have an itch it's good to get on and scratch it. Sometimes you also have to be a little patient. You have a source of income, so earnings a living from window cleaning isn't a priority.
We started full on wfp in the May 20 years ago and by winter we had a small round going. So you still have time to start.

Spring is a good time to start when the worst of winter has passed.
We have had lots of "leave it until Spring" as the weather is so bad from customers this year.

Gardiner BP's aren't what they used to be a mate of mine has had issues with his a few times switches breaking etc

Gardiner BP's aren't what they used to be a mate of mine has had issues with his a few times switches breaking etc
Ye same here, the first couple I bought lasted years but the last one I bought around two years ago I’ve had nothin but problems with. Within the first month or so the flow controller broke and had to send for a replacement then a few months later the connections inside started to work their way lose and I was forever opening it up to reconnect stuff. Recently the speed one setting on the on/off switch has failed so can only be used on number two (full power).

I take it you have a pole,why not hook your pole to your garden tap if you have one an just practice on your windows lol i know it aint pure water but you could get started on your technique.

Haven't ordered yet was waiting for the backpack to do one big order. Will most likely order later this week when i have a quiet evening.

Might take a look at the big boy then.

yep 100% i plan to buy this.

ignore price is cheaper in store

I'd still pick her Handy
I tried one of them and although very robust and did the job brilliantly I found it a bit over kill fir carrying 25kg and added a lot of extra weight to the overall setup. That said the wheels/tyres where great for dragging over gravel and grass as they are alot wider than most others.

Only good things about the Gardiner's Backpack is the handle and spare parts are cheapish.... Their classed as a cheap bit of equipment, I would much rather by something that is built to last...

Only good things about the Gardiner's Backpack is the handle and spare parts are cheapish.... Their classed as a cheap bit of equipment, I would much rather by something that is built to last...
I think they are all very similar build quality from the ones we have had , what do you call a good quality one ? I found they lasted around 3 years and all they were used for chemical applications mostly hypo and they aren’t designed for that but I admit the internals are a bit cheap but fir £125 fir 3 years think that’s very good value for money

luckily still haven't pulled the trigger on my order due to the amazing weather we currently have. so just waiting for the gardiner right now and preying it comes in stock soon.

luckily still haven't pulled the trigger on my order due to the amazing weather we currently have. so just waiting for the gardiner right now and preying it comes in stock soon.
Maybe a good idea to buy two if your finances will let you as if that’s your only way of working you will be wounded if you get up and running and it breaks. It’s always good to have backups in place. I always try and carry spares of everythin I can. Even if my van breaks I can stick a roof rack on the Mrs car and go back to the good old days.

Latest Posts

Back