Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack tap water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spit & polish

Hi everyone I recently used my backpack to clean fascias and soffits and used tap water in the back pack as I think I got through about 100L getting it clean,

Only time I've used anything other than pure in it , but used the pack pack on a few first cleans the other day and my new windows and noticed a bit of spotting, even had a brand new brush head so that's got no remains of hard water on.

Waiting for a tester to arrive today but just wondering Apart from the water could using the tap water in the backpack and hose be effecting it still after a few houses?

Thanks alot

Hi everyone I recently used my backpack to clean fascias and soffits and used tap water in the back pack as I think I got through about 100L getting it clean,

Only time I've used anything other than pure in it , but used the pack pack on a few first cleans the other day and my new windows and noticed a bit of spotting, even had a brand new brush head so that's got no remains of hard water on.

Waiting for a tester to arrive today but just wondering Apart from the water could using the tap water in the backpack and hose be effecting it still after a few houses?

Thanks alot
The obvious answer is how hard was the water and the next step would be to flush your backpack

I can't see why you'd be experiencing issues with other houses unless your backpack still had water in it

Also you shouldn't be cross contaminating equipment for example; if using a backpack for GFS cleans where using TFR or other associated chemicals Then wanting to use the backpack for windows with pure water. Same theory applies to poles & brushes

You need to be mindful that everything you do must mitigate complaints, non payments and a hit to your reputation

@Spit & polish I live in a hard water area and have used both mine (Gardiner and big boy) with tap water for gsf cleaning mate and never had an issue when going back to pure water mate. I would say after a few litres of pure flushes through it, it will be fine. The spots might actually be just a bit more dirt coming out of the seals. Flush a little more pure through and see how you go 👍

Just a side note. Are you buying pure water from spotless or producing your own?

If you previously have not owned a HM Digital tds tester how do you know your water is upto standard? And if you've made your own how could you guarantee its 000ppm

The obvious answer is how hard was the water and the next step would be to flush your backpack

I can't see why you'd be experiencing issues with other houses unless your backpack still had water in it

Also you shouldn't be cross contaminating equipment for example; if using a backpack for GFS cleans where using TFR or other associated chemicals Then wanting to use the backpack for windows with pure water. Same theory applies to poles & brushes

You need to be mindful that everything you do must mitigate complaints, non payments and a hit to your reputation
No chemicals was put in backpack, I can't remember if I applied some fairy to the brush head or not but I do that on first cleans (but use pure water) if there bad anyway as it works better on frames I find.
But it had A new brush applied and only pure water tested at 0001 .

Al
Just a side note. Are you buying pure water from spotless or producing your own?

If you previously have not owned a HM Digital tds tester how do you know your water is upto standard? And if you've made your own how could you guarantee its 000p

If you previously have not owned a HM Digital tds tester how do you know your water is upto standard? And if you've made your own how could you guarantee its 000ppm
I also buy it from spotless or another local supplier , I know this was spotless in the barrels.

Latest Posts

Back