Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Genie Backpack Problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

pxlkid

Hi all,

I got a water genie backpack about 6 months ago. Have since got a van with a tank setup so wanting to use the backpack for chemical application. However when I charge it up and turn on I get nothing it’s completely dead, if I keep it plugged in it works great. Thinking it’s probably the battery but is a new battery after 6 months normal? Is there anything else it could be? I’ve taken it apart to get the battery out but just wondering before I spend out on a new battery.

If you don't charge the battery some types can go so low they are damaged!
I would use a multimeter and see what the battery voltage is. Then plug in the charger and see if the battery voltage goes up. If it doesn't then the battery isn't connected to the charger. If the voltage does go up and you have left it on charge a few hours then the battery is probably dead - unless there is a fault in the cabling connecting the battery to the speed controller (it could be dead) or the switches. You really need a multimeter and to test voltages at various points to determine the fault.

Latest Posts

Back