Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad payers/slow payers.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dang that's ridiculous! How many arms does your mate have? Brings a whole (and very much less disturbing) meaning the human centipede! :rofl:

Damo how on earth do you manage to have 550 custies on your own? Plus add-ons too. You must work from 5am to 9pm! Are they all on an 8 week schedule or something or are you just related to an octopus? /emoticons/biggrin.png
I work Saturdays for extras or after work.

I have a very compact round and amount of customers doesn't mean a lot really. I could have 550 customers at a £5 each lol.

Lol I didn't mean cashwise, although I'm sure its a good earner. I just meant physically being able to get around and clean 550 houses in a set timescale without falling behind :eek: Fair play to you, I'd be exhausted after a week of that craziness lol. I'm planning on being full at around 200-250. Max! :rofl:

Ok yeah that's what I wondered, if they are all on 8 weekly or something similar. Wow, you'd never catch me starting work at 6am - infact you'll never even catch me awake at that time! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Your customers get alot of choice on regularity :thumbsup:

I am currently switching over to 5 weekly or 10 weekly myself, I used to be on monthly/bi-monthly on the premise that on some months I can use the spare week as catch-up/hols etc, but it got annoying not having regular spare weeks and months starting and ending half way through weeks, did my head in. I can now plan which weeks I want to keep spare and it doesn't matter what the date is. There are obviously less cleans per year and so I earn 16.6% less per custie but its less stress for me as it feels alot more organised so its worth it :thumbsup:

Wow! I struggle at 209 jobs at 6 weekly. I'm always behind. Although i blame that on some crappy jobs that i have kept. Not only are they long they are bad 2008 prices. :gush:

Guys it's a very compact round tho.

More than happy to show you screen shots.

However. The round is slightly under priced in places BUT Coz I do like 15 in a street. 100 on a estate. 130 on estate. It all works out.

thats it mate i` think the most ive done on me jack in a week is 130 odds im behind i say 3 days but it is worth it as spending a bit more time at home in the mornings

I run between 5 and 6 weeks. Sometimes on time. Some times not.

I need a week grace due to 5/6/8/10/12 week cycles.

FYI I only offer a frequency of 5/8/10 now and it needs to fit with other people.

Well back on topic.

Sent out three debt letters.

TWO have paid!

ONE more to go!

The two that have been paid, have been taken off the round. Feels great!

Nice one damo

You have to get rid even once they have paid as they will do it again at some point for sure

Nice one damoYou have to get rid even once they have paid as they will do it again at some point for sure
Imagine a trader sending you a debt letter because you hadn't paid him, would you carry on using his services? It would be too embarrassing to keep the relationship going IMO.

Imagine a trader sending you a debt letter because you hadn't paid him, would you carry on using his services? It would be too embarrassing to keep the relationship going IMO.
I have customers to this day who have had letters and I still clean them.

I think we are easy to forget, whereas they have to be in to let the other trades in (for the most part) we come and go while they are at work and our card gets put in the pile and occasionally forgotten about. Unless they pay straight away which is obviously how it should be. Not saying we should be forgotten, but I can see how we are without meaning to deliberately dodge paying. Maybe we should send slow payers a text saying its done in the evening as well as a card as they are more likely to be home then and that'll jolt them into coughing straight up...

Back