Battery split please help :(

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Andy1979, Mar 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Andy1979

Andy1979 Member

hi guy's

As some of you may know yesterday was my first day and all went very well and today was even better until I got back home and went to put my leisure battery on charge. There was a little bit of wot looked like water on the top after lifting it out of my van I realised that it was acid. It looks like the sides of the battery have swollen and its split game over :( does anyone know how long a standard car battery will last I only have 3 house to do tomorrow but I am very worried that the battery is not going to last

Advertisement
  2. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Wow. How old is you leisure battery? I wouln't expect it to split. Is it under warranty? Is it secured in van/car?

As regard a normal car battery, it will easily do three house, but I would not recommend using a normal car battery on a regular basis.

3. Andy1979

Andy1979 Member

Thanks mate the battery is only 2 days old and was brand new of eBay :( it has been safely strapped down in the van not inspressed to make things worse it burnt my hand and has ruined my key for my van as I had it in my hand and got acid all over it not a good end to the day mate.

4. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I would try and get some redress from ebay mate. Obviously faulty battery. (was it a cheap branded one).

5. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

3 houses will be ok mate, i have run mine off cig lighter socket before when caught short with battery life

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

If you're anywhere near Nottingham I can loan you a spare leisure battery to keep you going whilst you get sorted.

7. Pete Thompson

Pete Thompson Newcomer

8. Andy1979

Andy1979 Member

Thanks guys for all your help and green that was a very kind offer but I am all sorted now thanks mate :) it turns out there was two transit screws in the battery that should have been removed before I fitted it. This is the first battery I have ever brought and didn't know that it had transit screws in :(

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Never heard of them either.. What are they supposed to do?

Advertisement