Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Behind !! working on a sunday how many do it.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I understand mate, I've had the same myself recently. One thing that may be good for yourself is to drop the texting. I know some people need it for access issues and the like, but for the ones that don't need it, it will save you a lot of pre planning/cancelling by not texting beforehand. For other jobs, try having jobs that are not weather dependant- carpet cleaning, insides only window cleaning, oven cleaning, or even something totally different like painting, handyman work etc. Its easy to keep the dates vague with this kind of job, and then when it rains, give your customer a call and say you can come round today. This is similar to what I do, and I never get put out of work by the weather anymore.
I think once your customers get to know you, trust you and like you then they start chucking jobs at you.....I have been given all kinds of odd jobs.....tidying out garages and sheds, cleaning a never ending stretch of wrought iron fencing, cleaning bathroom showers.

As for the texting, my customers love it and it means I dont have to collect and my new super duper smart phone makes light work of texting now......somehow it memorises my standard messages and therefore suggests before I type.

I just copy and paste a text "window cleaner calling tomorrow". They know whether to leave money or gate unlocked from that message. Hate having to phone to arrange though.

I just copy and paste a text "window cleaner calling tomorrow". They know whether to leave money or gate unlocked from that message. Hate having to phone to arrange though.
Yes, a few of the old dears arent quite up to texting

I think once your customers get to know you, trust you and like you then they start chucking jobs at you.....I have been given all kinds of odd jobs.....tidying out garages and sheds, cleaning a never ending stretch of wrought iron fencing, cleaning bathroom showers.
As for the texting, my customers love it and it means I dont have to collect and my new super duper smart phone makes light work of texting now......somehow it memorises my standard messages and therefore suggests before I type.
Furry muff mate, I wasn't teaching you to suck eggs or anything, sounds like you've got it all sorted. /emoticons/smile.png

Furry muff mate, I wasn't teaching you to suck eggs or anything, sounds like you've got it all sorted. /emoticons/smile.png
No worries tolish. Always good to hear your views.....thats what forums are for and every days a learning day on here.

No issues, I used to work Sundays last year, I did a few last Sunday and worked the last bank holiday

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hey i just worked my first sunday...well it was a gutter clean and the people were away....its a lot easier when no ones there to see me flinging shi t everywhere....well i brush up afterwards...grrrrr some one fitted gutter guards...i kindly informed the owner it would have been cheaper if i hadnt got to remove clean and refit...just what is the point.../emoticons/smile.png

i may take this up now ..thats two bank hols worked and a sunday and saturdays too....money money money its a rich mans world...

hey i just worked my first sunday...well it was a gutter clean and the people were away....its a lot easier when no ones there to see me flinging shi t everywhere....well i brush up afterwards...grrrrr some one fitted gutter guards...i kindly informed the owner it would have been cheaper if i hadnt got to remove clean and refit...just what is the point.../emoticons/smile.png
i may take this up now ..thats two bank hols worked and a sunday and saturdays too....money money money its a rich mans world...
Keep this up and mrs cnc will be leafing through the holiday brochures!

she would if i charged smurf prices and not cheapncheerful prices....i kinda wonder sometimes ...i have spent hours over the road..okay i had a beer in hand ...but all i got out of it was all my summer bedding and two bags of compost....well i do get money off him every month and all i have to do is cut two small lawns and clean his windows but sometimes i wonder...../emoticons/smile.png

Nope no way i do sundays and deffo never a bank holiday. The only window cleaning jobs i do on a sat are my street or another house who is a friend.

I have done pvc cladding, soffits and fascia's on sats but that is it, i dont fret about being behind anymore, i used to but on this round my custys are just happy to have a regular windy even if it means i'm a week or two behind in winter.

Back